Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: peaches

man that is awfully nice of ya' johnf... always there to help a person in need.

ps.. it looks like this will be a very good year for wild grapes. I don't think I will likely use ALL of them just for jelley. hummm honey flavored grape wine, how does that sound?

Quote Originally Posted by tecumseh View Post
    man that is awfully nice of ya' johnf... always there to help a person in need.

ps.. it looks like this will be a very good year for wild grapes. I don't think I will likely use ALL of them just for jelley. hummm honey flavored grape wine, how does that sound?
    That sounds interesting. Do you need my address too?
    JohnF INTP

By the way we now have tree ripened peaches here in the grocery stores. They have little stickers on them that say so.

I checked them out and began to wonder just by what authority they could make the claim of tree ripened? I mean if they were at least ripe in the store I would be pressed to argue but these peaches weren't even ripe yet!

Maybe I'll move to Texas...
    JohnF INTP

Quote Originally Posted by John F View Post
    By the way we now have tree ripened peaches here in the grocery stores. They have little stickers on them that say so.
    Around here if you want tree/vine ripened produce you'd better get it at a roadside produce stand.
    In the groceries the hard green fuzzy things are peaches, the smooth ones are either nectarines or plums---it doesn't really matter, the taste is very similar. The difference between zucchinis and bananas is a little more subtle but, for customer convenience, they're kept on separate display tables with signs indicating the grocer's best guess at identity.
    George

LOL

I think that's why we've got stickers...
    JohnF INTP

Been picking early white peaches for a week now. Just picked the first ripe tomatoes of the year. Homemade Honey/Vanilla/Peach ice cream; now that's eatin'!

mattoleriver u'z a funny guy.... made me chuckle.

traded for some more peaches today... I don't know what it is about these crazy peach growers that always want to trade peaches for honey? now what could THAT be about? could a person possible eat tooooo many peaches?

>>>could a person possible eat tooooo many peaches?<<<
    The answer to that question is YES. As a teen in the Sacramento Valley an easy way to make a little spending cash over the summer is to pick fruit, which many of us did for a day or two here and there. One time we picked peaches which were the perfect ripeness and as peaches are one of my favorites I ate WAY too many, one of the perks of the job. It took about 2 years before peaches resumed their spot on my preference list.
    Sheri

sheri sezs:
    As a teen in the Sacramento Valley

tecumseh replies:
    I always suspect such was the case Sheri but I didn't want to say anything...

anyways thanks for informing me that you could overindulge in peaches... wouldn't want to loose my girlish figure....

Quote Originally Posted by tecumseh View Post
    sheri sezs:
    As a teen in the Sacramento Valley

tecumseh replies:
    I always suspect such was the case Sheri but I didn't want to say anything...
    OK ET you forced me into it....
    I should have said "As a teen in the Sacramento Valley many years ago...." LOL.
    This was back in the years that if you remember you really weren't there..
    Sheri

sheri sezs:
    I should have said "As a teen in the Sacramento Valley many years ago...."

tecumseh replies:
    I guess I should have said I always suspect that you had some kind of California connection...