Thread: Sunday Morning

Default Sunday Morning

This is a hive and nuc I have at a friends up North. I got him interested in bees last
    year and we put a few hives in his yard.
    He in turn got his twin brother interested, and now he has 2 hives in his yard.
    Thats me in the middle, misinforming them. <<<< I could not put a smiley here, "too many images".

Last edited by newbee 101; 06-03-2007 at 02:13 PM.
    "To bee or not to bee"

You live too dangerously. I think you need to wear a little more protective clothing.

I got the smilie to work.

PS....nice pics

Thanks Idee! I didnt have a smoker, so the gloves came out.
    "To bee or not to bee"

Quote Originally Posted by newbee 101 View Post
    Thanks Idee! I didnt have a smoker, so the gloves came out.
    Don't let them shame you into thinking protective clothing is for sissys. Pain is pain no matter how tough people think they are!

I should have taken a picture of the stingers bristling out of my gloves after hiving a swarm in the rain yesterday. Never seen anything like it. I felt awful for the bees that died, but I thanked my lucky stars for those gloves.
    “The keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.” -Henry David Thoreau

It would take an awful lot to shame me! Me and bee stings dont go well with each other. Itching everwhwere, hives, the whole nine yards. I always wear my full suit when I am in shorts. I have a half suit for quick inspections, with pants.
    "To bee or not to bee"

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by iddee View Post
    You live too dangerously. I think you need to wear a little more protective clothing.
    HAHA....

Funny, made me laugh!

I wonder if your still laughing when you take one in the eye. <<<<jeffzhear
    Last edited by newbee 101; 06-05-2007 at 06:48 PM.
    "To bee or not to bee"

I was just being facetious. Didn't mean to shame any one. I think every beek should wear what makes him comfortable around the bees and lets him enjoy them to the max. It is just so hard to express light hearted feelings in cold print.

Iddee, I can honestly say that I was thinking about those photos you posted recently as I was figuring out how to get my little swarm out of the tree. And in the midst of it all, admiring the heck out of you because you wore no gloves or veil. My thinking is you must have a way with bees, a gentle manner that does not hurt or alarm them. That's my goal, but until then... gloves!
    “The keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.” -Henry David Thoreau

Great pics....thanks for posting them......I can't work in gloves, but I don't think I am a sensitive to stings as some people..... I have read what other people have posted about stings in the hands and I never notice them until I am done and undressed looking for them. I have the same veil....that is the best one I have ever owned. Mine is the string tie type though.
    Always question Conventional Wisdom.