Page 80 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 2348

Default Re: Please Post your Swarm Dates?

Weather cleared up two days ago, and is forecast to be nice for the next week. Got called about a swarm, went to pick up a spare box I had at a buddies near by to hive it. Turns out a swarm moved into that box a few hours before I got there! So two swarms today..
    A backyard hobbyist, keeping hives since '09. ~ http://www.sweetthangchocolates.com
    Zone 8a/8b

Caught a 2-3lb swarm tonight. 67 deg and partly sunny. Came from the same oak tree that I caught a swarm from last Tuesday. Easy one to catch. Three feet off the ground and on the end of the branch on a dead spruce tree Brighton, Wi 53168

I live in western Colorado, had some swarms early this year, and had 2, 5/6/12, weather was clear.
    Before a bee stings, it will be sure to let you know that it will hurt them more than it will hurt you.

I live in Northern Virginia.

Swarms I've had so far this year are:

April 1
    April 13
    April 14
    Snowed on April 23 (No swarm, just snow!)
    April 26
    April 30
    May 4
    May 5

One of my hives issued two swarms on May 5 2012, these were the first of this year

Getting to be peak swarm season here in the Willamette Valley based on reports. Had a swarm move into one of my traps yesterday - my first swarm catch and will move them next week after they have a chance to settle in.

Mark

found one in levittown pa by the first fedral bank in levittown knee high in a pine bush sad thing is no way for me to get it and really neet to stand in the middle of it

waynester, why couldn't you get it? I could use another swarm, but I don't think driving 5 hours one way is a good idea! I figured since today was a warmer day here in PA, bees would be swarming. Tomorrow and Sunday is supposed to be nice as well so expect we will hear about more swarms in PA.

i will see if its still there got a 8 frame box to put it in soo will see aa sorry the date is 5/11 about 1:30

Swarm today 11:00 am. Very small, I believe this was an afterswarm from the hive that swarmed last Sunday. Caught it but lost it. Didn't think they would have chewed there way out of a shoe box so quickly. I didn't have a spare hive till I moved a swarm I caught and put in a nuc earlier. Hived the nuc today then went to hive the swarm and what do I find about a dozen holes chewed through the box and no bees. That was only about a three hour time frame they were there. Couldn't relocate them oh well. Iguess its a good thing I didn't put them in the garage to keep cool like I was going to. That would have been interesting.

Prime swarm season down in Eugene Oregon. I'm aware of 4 this week.. I just caught 1 right outside my office window. Sure beats the normal work day activities
    A backyard hobbyist, keeping hives since '09. ~ http://www.sweetthangchocolates.com
    Zone 8a/8b

Caught 3 beachball-sized swarms this week in Rawlins, Wyoming.

caught the swarm in levittown pa about a small football size weather sunny warm and windy

I have hived four swarms so far this past two weeks. Found the queen in two so far. One swarm was last evening another just got off the truck tonight.

Attleboro, MA (Southern, MA/R.I. border)
    Cloudy Low 60's
    My neighbors Italians
    5/12/2012

Added details:
    They were about 14' or so up on a some cedars.
    Not sure of the weight, but they were in different clumps.
    After swarms?
    Zone 7A - Southern, MA. Elevation 138 ft.
    4 hives: 1 Carniolan/Italian Hybrid, 2 Swarms from that hive and 1 Russian.

One of my very robust hives swarmed last Sunday, 5/6/2012.
    I am in NW PA, and it was probably in the low to mid-60s.

My observation hive swarmed today, Oswego, NY 13126 14:00 5/12/12. Temp 73 F low humidity, and light winds. 75% of the hive left, Assembled 25' up a spruce tree well out of my reach. Set out 2 bait hives with q-tips of LGO in hopes to attract the HUGE mass of bees up there! :-)

I hived three swarms today, which I suspect may be from one very strong hive I have. I have two second year hives, one was very weak going into the winter, and only recently filled the second brood box, and four 1st year hives about a month old. Today I went outside to find a huge cloud of bees which after about 15 minutes settled about 18 feet high on a branch in a pine tree. I put a box together and went up the tree to get them , but as soon as I cut the branch they all scattered. They then regrouped on a small branch right next to where the original branch was. I figured I would wait for them to settle and then go up with a box and shake them into it. The weight of all the bees caused the branch to snap and fall to the ground so they all took flight again. So I waited for them to settle once more and finally was able to brush them all into a cardboard box and then introduce them to a new hive which they seem to be accepting at this point. While I was waiting for the first swarm to settle I looked around and found two more swarms clustered in different trees in the yard. So I had to make a mad dash to the supply store to get more hives.

Town of West Monroe, Oswego County, New York, USA

Jeremy K - I live nearby to you and can offer some help if you need it? I have fresh vials of synthetic Nasanov... kinda like cheating over the LGO! Check your PM inbox here..

central illinois,partly sunny,hive swarmed today,all is well in there new 8 frame,i was going to split monday.

Page 80 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast