Page 79 of 89 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1766

Default Re: Please Post your Swarm Dates?

Well, well, now one of my own hives swarmed 10:38am 6/14/14, clear sunshine day 87 degrees approx.

They are in a tree approx 40' high, I placed a large Top Bar Swarm Trap almost directly under where they are in the tree in hopes of luring them back to the hotel atmosphere they left from lol

OK now what to do with the hive they left from?

Being new and not knowing what do to is disheartening:{

Thanks for any feedback!

Windsor, Ontario. Got a call from someone who found me on Beesource. Small swarm, probably a couple pounds. Found 2-3 queens that look like virgins so probably an afterswarm. Added frame of brood, hopefully they stay put.

6/6/16 zip 54022 Swarm from my own hive and I got it back. Ya

June 15 sunny and warm 44048 Kingsville Ohio

June 13th Dixon, IA
    June 18th Charlotte, IA

Both about two pounds, saw queens in both, but did not have queen clip ready.

Iowa, IA

Appears to be a swarm taking up residence in a bait hive 7' high in a lone oak in the middle of my pasture. Lot of bees coming an going, but I'll inspect tomorrow to be sure. Sometime in the past 5 days. May or may not befrom my hives?

I did verify that a swarm has taken up residence in my bait hive! My first. Approx. 2# swarm. Temps in the upper 80's to 90 and humid. NE Oklahoma. They have started in a foundationless frame and I did verify there is a queen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KILLERBEE; 06-19-2014 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Add photos

I checked another bait hive tonight that I haven't looked at for the past 1 1/2 weeks. As I approached, I saw a few bees going in - and they didn't do the usual scout thing (flying around the front and sides) - these flew straight in. I opened the lid and it looks like a smaller swarm - they were covering the 2 drawn frames already provided for them.
    I'm getting some more hives put together as I'll have to get a few more bait hives out around the ones already with bees in them - in case there are more swarms seeking homes!

As a plus - I stopped by the swarm box tonight that had a swarm move in on Wednesday to fill the box with all 10 frames. And the two other bait traps nearby still have a few bees checking them out. Again, one has 5 - 10 looking around and in and out, and the other hive had one bee checking it out.

Summerville, PA 15864

My new nuc this year swarmed June 15th, Fathers Day. Saw them 20 ft up in a tree behind the hive on a branch big as my arm. Tried to get them in a nuc box while hanging on to a ladder. Didn't work but was quite impressive seeing them go over the garage, through the front yard and to parts unknown. No stings and I'll chalk it up as a learning experience.

Hot 80 degrees, muggy mostly clear, 30 miles south of Indianapolis

2nd yr 2 new hives

6/19 - 19335 noticed swarm had moved in one of my traps. The swarm was from 6/18 or 6/19.

Swarm date 6/8/14 - one of my bee packages hived this year, the temp was in the 80s...I was able to cut and retrieve the limb and rehive them in a new hive body. They are building out comb and doing well as of today.

Swarm date 06-19-2014. RECEIVED a swarm in the empty "guard" hive next to the garage man door. NOT from our bees, which are 15 miles west. Upon inspection, they where very runny, dirty Italians. A couple of weeks ago, we received 2 swarms in a beeyard 20 miles west. One was also very runny.

Crazy Roland
    S.E. Wisconsin 53051

My new hive from a nuc (20 days ago) swarmed yesterday just before the rain here in Jay, Maine (Near Farmington). They are in my tree and I'm trying to figure out how to get them! They are carni's.
    Lynn, MA

6/26 06853

Italians. Swarm of a Swarm. 1 month old hive. These bees are the offspring of a hive that swarmed one month ago. Original hive swarmed THREE freagin times. Now these bees swarmed.

Our RZR was down for over a week, so I was unable to check my one swarm trap that can only be reached by walking or by utility vehicle.

We got our RZR back today, so I went to check on this swarm trap - which just happens to be a cardboard box with 2 frames of drawn comb in it. Sure enough, there is a swarm - so they have entered sometime in the last 2 weeks.

I just picked it up tonight after dark and got it home. I had it wrapped in plastic to be okay through implement weather, so once i got it set where I wanted - under cover with a roof - I used a pair of scissors to cut off the plastic. As I was cutting along the top, the scissors went right through the soggy cardboard to show 2 fully drawn new combs hanging from the roof of the box - so they have been there for a while.

Hopefully with the box unwrapped from the plastic, it will dry out and in a few days I'll transfer them over to a hive.

Summerville, PA 15864

19335 - 6/27 caught swarm in trap.

Caught a swarm yesterday about 40 feet from my hives.

2014-06-29 14.54.03.jpg

2014-06-29 14.49.36.jpg

hi all the sourwood flow is on here at my house, even tho thay have room had two swarms today7-4-14 Hendersonville, north Carolina, 28739

18951 6-15 wintered over 3 deep and 6-27 from 5 frame nuc bought middle May also 3 deep, both had med super but wouldn't draw out those frames, both days low 80's both around 10 am,

Just had a swarm take off this weekend 7-5-14. 33542 10:00 From one of my splits made in february. They settled on a branch in a large oak next door about 30 ft. up in the tree.

Page 79 of 89 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast