Page 76 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 2367

Default Re: Please Post your Swarm Dates?

WestGrove, Pa yesterday a swarm landed and they called me this morning. By the time I got there most of them were gone. I left a box there just in case. The LGO and queen juice seemed to greatly attract the straggler "scouts" that were still hanging around. That was very cool to see. Bummer that we were less than an hour late because I called the home owner and she said that they were still there so I went.

Basketball swarm near Airport, Redding CA 96002? 83 degrees about 12:30 PM. Was about eye level in a manzanita, easy catch. Threw in a frame of brood to entice them to stay in the box.

Seadrift TX, 77983, went to the bee yard today & noticed some bees flying in a new direction while I was checking my open feeder...turns out a nice 5-6lb swarm had moved into one of my old, retired (though not yet destroyed) hives that the fire ants had wiped out the old colony in. Put some grease on the hive stand legs & re-adjusted the top bars so they'd be close enough together to discourage the bees continuing to build comb on the underside of the lid (I was NOT expecting any bees to move into this hive...had over 1/2 of the bars out/burned already. Not sure exactly when they moved in, but I checked the hive 4 days ago & it was empty...no I'll have to get them converted to the 19" bars of my new hives once they get a little open brood going.

hi good sized swarm april 17 20 12 rochester ny

30548 Hoschton Ga have boxed 3 swarms so far this year.Caught a swarm in a swarm trap. Placed a swarm trap at friends house on 4/19 bees moved in on the 20th. The swarm was 40 foot high in a tree and we could not get to them.Looks as though swarming is about to peak here.

NW Ohio...caught one Friday, which was a nice warm day. The swarm was so low I almost didn't see it. I was actually hunting mushrooms and happened to see it hanging on a dead branch about 8" above the ground.

My first swarm call in 2012 was April 19th

Received swarm call today, 85743.
    48 years - 50 hives - TF
    Joseph Clemens -- Website Under Constructioni

My hive that survived the winter just swarmed yesterday - 4/21 - outside Mt Horeb, WI. I'd added boxes and hadn't expected them to be so active so early. The weather has been very warm, in the 50s-60s.

We managed to get the swarm into a box (I cannot confirm I actually got the queen as had to brush them off the bottom of a bench). Then I did the 'lay the sheet and dump them on it' technique on the new hive. They didn't seem to buy it, none went into the hive... They went back to the cardboard box. Does that technique really work?

Then we dumped the box out into the hive and most left the hive again and are just swarming still. Just can't make them happy I guess but we tried. Maybe they'll still go into the hive eventually...
    Last edited by bsdooper; 04-22-2012 at 08:21 PM.
    Fill out the over wintering survey! We'll only know what works if we compare what works for everyone!

Caught a small swarm from one of my hives on 4/20/2012 in a White Birch tree about 20 feet high around 5:00pm.

Lander WY 82520, Carny swarm, caught and re-hived.

Picked up a swarm at the Mason's Lodge yesterday afternoon. Probably 2lbs of bees. Mustang, OK 73064

Someone at the Lodge said they had been there since at least Thursday afternoon. We received 3/4" of rain on Thursday night. They told one of the guys at the firestation about them and he relayed the info to me.

masonicswarm.jpg
    Last edited by Two_cyl; 04-22-2012 at 10:01 PM. Reason: more details

Caught 2 swarms day before yesterday and had one get away. I had already caught 3 swarms before that about a week earlier. So from about April 10th until now Ive caught 5 swarms and knew about one other swarms that got away.

Caught a double swarm (I'll see later if each has a queen) and a single swarm on Saturday April 21. 24060, Blacksburg, VA area.

Big swarm yesterday in Folsom, CA. Warm - 91 farenheight. Swarm was 6' up on a branch in a park.

4/22 Lander Wy 82520 zone 4, `6 pound swarm from one of my hives, caught and relocated. Swarmed at 11 am, temp 70 F.

4/20/2012 swarm issued from my observation hive in Portland Maine
    Erin Forbes, EAS Master Beekeeper
    overlandhoney.com

Came home today to find a swarm hanging on the leg of a hive stand. About 3-4 lbs. Cloudy, 66 degrees, Murfreesboro, TN. They are now their old next door neighbors, or something.

Lat Wednesday, the 18th, I was lucky enough to see my only hive swarm after starting them from a pkg. last year, managed to get them gathered up and into another box that I had spritzed with lemongrass. they’re still in there

impressed and scared silly at the same time

Spotted and captured a 5 lb. swarm about ten feet above ground in a cedar tree around 2:00 PM. The WX was mostly sunny, 82F and breezy with possible storms 12 hours off. This yard is located in 37090, approx. 25 miles east of Nashville, TN. The swarm probably came from our TBH (Italians, our only hive in this yard not containing mongrels) sitting 40 ft. away.

Page 76 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast