Page 51 of 119 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2367

Cool Re: Please Post your Swarm Dates?

Swarm call in North Stockton at 9:30 at night. I was already heading that direction to go visit a friend. Since I had my truck and not my motorcycle, I had all my bee stuff except for a hive. At first I thought I would just put them in a cardboard box, but realized I also had my 5 gallon bee vac with me. Two pound swarm cleaned up in about 10 mins off of a retaining wall. When I got to my buddies house, I pulled up a map. That revealed that I was less than a 1/4 mile away from where his inlaws live. His inlaws have a hive in a brick pillar in front of their house. I wonder if they swarmed from there?

C2

Default Re: Please Post your Swarm Dates?

8/13/2010

Got a medium sized swarm off of someone's porch at about 4:00 p.m. just outside of Elizabeth, Colorado. Elbert County.

Small Swarm caught today Marcy NY 13403

Got another small swarm today
    Lakewood, Colorado... about 10 minutes from downtown Denver.

large swarm off my hive 8/20/10. 8lbs of bees about 40 feet up in a tree. took me ten min to cut the tree down and they went right in to the box. had a secound swarm on 8/21/10 from other hive in back yard. they swarmed in the air for about 20 min and went right back to the box they swarmed from.

Swarm call, Northside of Stockton on a lawn. It was small, prob gonna need a lot of help just to get them up to par enough for a nuc winter. Found the parent colony in a nearby PG&E insert that's in the gound. Will have to contact them about that before I go grabbing some high voltage lines.

C2

Sad Re: Please Post your Swarm Dates?

My bees swarmed today, August 23rd 2010. I'm not sure why they did this as I thought the population seemed a little less robust than a few weeks ago.
    I have 3 brood boxes of 8 frame mediums. I also thought they got the swarming out of their system in July on Long Island. I'm new to all this. The weather is rainy and windy so I can't even look to see what went wrong.

had 2 swarms this morning and caught both swarms.

Caught a small swarm yesterday 08-23-10 in Round Rock, TX. The swarm was a result of a storm rendering damage to the old tree they were in. The storm left the hive body fully exposed to the outside elements. They swarmed to relocate to something better..... my hive box. HAH

got called to get a swarm out of a tree about 25 feet off the ground and while i was there i found the main hive they came from so im going to get that one tomorrow. the swarm was about 7lbs of bees

Quote Originally Posted by queenking View Post
    got called to get a swarm out of a tree about 25 feet off the ground and while i was there i found the main hive they came from so im going to get that one tomorrow. the swarm was about 7lbs of bees
    You better wait until you know the new queen is mated and laying. Next spring would be better....

08/27
    M'Boro, TN

Got a call for a swarm Friday evening around 6:45. Told them that I could get them 1st thing next morning. Said not good enough. Bees were above employee's entrance at the FedEx Ground Terminal.

They had tried to kill them with wasp spray prior to calling me and did kill a few. It was after 8PM when I got there. Bees were on the wall basically 1 to 2 bees thick spread out down the 2 sides of the corner wall.

Sprayed them hard with SW and swept them into a 5-frame nuc that had SW in some of the comb. Then I went about sweeping up every one I could find and putting them in the box. They stayed put as I gathered them up. Hard to estimate the size. Maybe 2-3 pounds at most.

Got home after 10PM. Put them out back on a stump the next morning because I was leaving later for a cutout at an apartment complex in Nashville.

Bees looked calm and comfortable in new home when I got back that evening from cutout.

Will be sending invoice for $75. The big trucking outfits should be checking the rigs at the gate before they come in for things like bees. No telling if this was a local swarm or a swarm that rode FedEx from who knows where.
    De Colores,
    Ken

one of my hives swarmed today and i got them . it was about 6lbs of bees.filled all ten frames.

Retrieved about a 5 lb. swarm tonight about ten feet up in a pine tree, in town. Very docile bees. Filled a five frame nuc box.
    Very late in the year, but hated to just leave them. We are going to see how they do for a little while and then combine them with another hive.

Wellsville, Oh. 43968
    Joe and Heidi S.

Angry Re: Please Post your Swarm Dates?

Hived a swarm 9/03 filled a 10 frame deep in Fennville Michigan. Came from one of my hives, two of my hive just don't want slow down and prepare for winter. Good thing I had capped honey from last winter dead outs to give them the stores they are going to need for winter. Goldenrod flow is half done or better here. Dan

caught a swarm yesterday and now i have it in my box and feeding like crazy. about 6lbs of bees

sept. 19, 2010 was when i witnessed a swarm and caught it.

Yesterday, saw my colony swarm and caught it.

My hive swarmed september 15th. Did all I could to entice them into a new hive, but they wouldn't listen. Too high up to retrieve. I'm hoping the queen took all the mean bees with her and left the docile ones for me.
    If I'm neither sanguine, phlegmatic, choleric, nor melancholy, does that mean I'm out of humour?

Got home from work today and found a small swarm on a Nandina bush in the front yard. Boxed it up in a 3 framer and will lock it up and move it tonight. Friday I'll see if I can take a couple of frames from one of my other hives and add it to this one.

I'm wondering if one of my nucs swarmed. I don't see how, they are on the small side and I just gave them more room.

Pugs

Page 51 of 119 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast