Page 42 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Default Re: Please Post your Swarm Dates?

Almost got my first swarm call in over a week and a hooker! They took flight before I got there. I asked the person to keep and eye on them for me to see where they went. I didn't know the lady, but knew she would be outside watching the bees for me. As I got closer to where I was suppose to be, I saw a lady outside and she was looking right at me, so I slowed down, pulled over and stopped next to the lady and rolled my passenger side window down. She walked up to my truck and laid her arms on my truck. I asked her "are you Adrianna?" She said "who's Adrianna?" I replied "a lady I'm looking for." She said "Oh, I'm way better than Adrianna honey." I was like oh cr*p, she's a prostitute!! I said "you're not what I am looking for." To which she asked "I'm up for anything, what are you looking for sweetie?" I informed her I was looking for a swarm of bees. She asked if she could get a cigarette, I told her "sorry, I don't smoke" and left. I went to where the swarm was, they told me they flew over to the abandoned building across the way, I went to the building and saw bees, but it turned out to be a full blown colony with 4 queen cells inside. This is where the swarm mostlikely came from, I went ahead and extracted them even though I wasn't getting paid. Called my wife, told her she better be home in time, cause I almost picked up a hooker. When I told her the full story, she was laughing so hard she was crying.

All in the life of swarmchasing.

Craig

05/06/10 Grand Rapids MI 49504 My hive. They lit in a branch to big to cut and too small for the ladder to lean on. Tied the vac to my belt and stuck the container into the ladder rungs, got 90% of them, about a two pounder.

Oh-mylanta!! That's too funny!!

Default Re: Please Post your Swarm Dates

Union Ky. 41091 got a call for a swarm about 8 miles from the house. It was perfect on a branch about 6 feet up. Perfect ! About a 3 pounder. Got the call at 10am had them in a new hive that was already built by 11am
    Today is a good day !

Good luck to everyone.
    Bruce

Congrats Bruce!

Hunstonville Ky...Picked up a 5 lb swarm may 8th 2010 at eye level on a willow tree, Installed them in the observation Top Bar Hive once i got home!! It was a good Day!!!

5/7/2010 21613 Football sized swarm... unable to retrieve due to another commitment.

5-9-10: Got a beach ball size today, probably 8 to 10 pounds. Filled a deep up quickly.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Found my first swarm this year at 7:45 pm, May 9, 2010. East Liverpool, Ohio 43920.
    I happened to be in the backyard and almost walked on top of them. They were clumped on the ground about 50 yards from my hives. We placed a nuc on the ground and started slowly scooping them up into it. Once some were inside they fanned at the entrance and they started walking in. We used the bee brush to help move them along. We finished with flashlights! Tonights low is in the 30's and I hope they make it.
    Joe and Heidi S.

May 7th Carson City Nevada, picked up a small swarm 2-3 pounds on a fence under a row of old cottonwood trees.

First swarm was caught April 30 st louis county, caught 4 more first week of may. 2 in jefferson county 2 in st louis county. Then one of mine swarmed yesterday, I caught it.

Caught swarm in swarm trap, Tuesday May 4th. Good hunting!!

Hunstonville Ky...I gotta phone call last night that there was another swarm in this guys willow tree. I just got about 5 pounds saturday out of the willow tree and this morning i went back to the same willow tree and got 4 more pound! I got home installed them in the left side of my Observation Top Bar Hive and they started to draw comb right away. About an hour later i went to check on their progress and i had a softball size cluster on the corner of the swarm box which was tilted towards the entrance hole...So i helped them out by opening the top door for the ladies...So i guess thats true that the ladies wants someone to open the door for them all the time...hahaha

Elmira NY swarm captured Sunday May 9th.
    Fred

May 8th 2010 - My colony swarmed and I caught it. Naples, FL - Very South West Tip of Florida.

Video here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Paradise.../6/XwVp_D0gq4g

caught a swarm today in palmyra ny

The swarm came in on Sat. up in Woodland, made $250 today extracting it from the wall.

Craig

Local PD called me this evening. 2 swarms in the same tree. One swarm was probably 5-6 pounds, and the second swarm was 4 feet away and about 2 pounds.

Mt. Vernon, Ohio 43050

Big Grin Re: Please Post your Swarm Dates?

Got another one; 45840 zip (NW Ohio) 18:00 hr. about a 4#er.

May 10th - swarm in fruit tree 20' from a feral colony in a large tree.

Page 42 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast