Page 39 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Default Re: Please Post your Swarm Dates?

Jacksonville Fl. 32218 Medium size swarm 4-20-10

4/17
    Charles City, Va
    Small Swarm

Ok, so since I am out of equipment and I stilll have 2 cut outs to do tomorrow and in 2 weeks (I agreed to do them), it's hard to believe that in Feb. I had only 3 hives and now I have 20. Since I am running out of places to put them and equipment too, I am curious how much longer will 'swarm season' around Sacramento county be booming? Phone is ringing daily with swarms and cut outs. It's getting to the point where I am going to have to start selling the swarms I capture.

Craig

Sure wish we had the swarms you do Craig. I have a lot of boxes that need to be filled.

Yeah Craig! It sound like you could make a full time job out of it right now! I'm jealous...
    Human natural selection= just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Wasn't trying to upset anyone, so my apologies if I did/do...I am just amazed at how much the phone has been ringing. I can't get them all, but dang if I haven't tried. I still have 3 cut outs in the wings that I have not committed to, the only reason I am doing the one this morning is because they have a little boy about my son's age that is allergic (well, that and a little cash) so if anyone wants some PM me PLEASE! I only planned on bumping my numbers up to 10, glad I have a nice enough neighbor since I have more than that just at my house, so I until I get a chance to run them out to some of my drop zones, they can stay put.

Craig

first call for year
    4-21-10
    Southern Oregon

mid size swarm about 6 inches deep in a 5 gallon bucket

I had five (5) swarms on my property Tuesday, 20 April, 2010. Yes, really. All mid-size, all fairly calm, and different colors of bees. Four were in small trees, one on a fence post. It was a good day, but I was tuckered!

Sum

Have one since last night in a medium spruce tree. This morning it is raining and they are still there. Now I will have to rig up some things to maybe catch them. Have never done this. Wish I knew womeone near with a bee vacuum. Oh, well...Take care and have fun.

4/19/10
    Virginia Beach, va
    Clear Mild, low 70's
    unknown Origin

4/22/2010
    Blackberries

I got my first swarm call of the season yesterday, 4/22, here in mid-Missouri.

4/22/2010

Two of my overwintered hives appear to have swarmed 20 days ago, but I picked up a swarm 4/22/10 and got another call which I gave to my beekeeping buddy 4/23/10. zip code 30534.
    Dawsonville Ga

my split swarmed
    4-23-2010

4 seasons 19 Hives-Camp Branch Bee Ranch. Est 2009
    "I am a nobody; nobody is perfect, and therefore I am perfect."

Default Re: Please Post your Swarm Dates? 4/23 in So Cal.

Got a swarm this evening 4/23/2010 in Hacienda Heights, California 91745 (southern Calif.) . It is a nice ball a little smaller than a basket ball. I think I have the queen. It's my first swarm capture and I hiveed them immediately into a topbar hive I built last year.

Calls for rain storms tonight, tomorrow morning and tomorrow evening. Very few swarm calls so far to local beeks. Nectar is flowing, bees are bringing in a huge amount of pollen.

Should be a lot of swarm calls in the next few days after the rains. At least I hope so, except mine.

Have some swarm traps out. Maybe I will get 1 or 2 that way. First time I have put out swarm traps.
    De Colores,
    Ken

Well, the cut out went good. I was completely out of equipment til I went for more....good thing too, got 2 swarms in Galt, missed a 3rd that flew right over the house, sent the wife after it, but she lost it. Got a call for Stockton at an old Victorian home, but it's like 45 feet up to it. Got a call from Stockton PD, there was a swarm at the Asparagus festival, but I guess they already got someone, too bad too, my contact said "just get em, submit a bill and get paid!" While at home having dinner with the family, got a text from Facebook. A guy I know said his neighbor had a swarm. Back to Stockton I went. Good thing too, 2 feet long by 9 inches wide 3 feet off the ground! While there, I got a call from my dad in Lincoln, one of my swarm traps FINALLY paid off today, cluster off bees on it tonight. Well, back to the garage to build the last 4 hives I bought yesterday and consume some beer.

Craig
    Last edited by Batman; 04-24-2010 at 09:02 AM.

So Batman, how many ... POW, BAM, CRASH....swarms have you gotten so far. Great flying beehives Batman, you sure are really good, said Robin.
    De Colores,
    Ken

I've lost track, luckily, the wife has been keeping track. She's also been keeping track of how much I have gotten paid and how much I have spent at the bee store . I should be building equipment instead of surfing the net. I know I had 3 colonies in Feb, and now have 25, so 22. I still have 2 cut outs, someone please, if you want some, or hell, if it's a swarm I can't go after and you live in the area and might want to go after it instead, PLEASE, PM me your info!
    Anyone got a lift that can get 3 stories up to a chimney? Jobs yours, she's willing to pay.

Craig

4/22 Nice swarm in Mooresville, IN
    Zip 46158 from a semi-managed hive
    Buzzin' Berries Honey
    Sweet to the Soul

Page 39 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast