Page 101 of 107 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2121

Default Re: Please Post your Swarm Dates?

01720. One of my hives flew the coop, without being observed by anyone (no panicked neighbors calling) on 6/9/13 while I was 90 miles away - **** it!

I caught my first swarm yesterday. It was about 80 degrees and sunny but the wind blew in as I was finishing and we got a wicked lighting storm. This was north of Logan, UT.

Wednesday, June 12, 10:00 AM - Called by a worker at the local park service in Livermore (94550) to a large swarm along a walking path. I checked it out and sure enough, about the size of a basketball and a half. Had the wife bring my gear and retrieved a swarm trap that didnt catch anything and headed out to the bees on lunch break. Shook the swarm into the box and set it on the ground in the shade, put the frames in and put the lid on it. I looked at the branch they used to be on and some bees started gathering back on it so I kept my eye out for the queen..........just then I hear an eruption and look at the box on the ground.........bees pouring out of it like water and flying back up to the branch........#$%^! I waited for most of them to gather and nothing left in the hive and shook them again..........same process over. I watched the box and bees that were flying were going down to it, so I left it thinking I got the queen. I went back to work and checked on it just before I got off and there it was..........an empty box and no swarm in sight!! Atleast I got them of the pathway I suppose!!
    Coyote Creek Bees

One of my hives swarmed yesterday 6/13/2013 Lyons, IL (southwest Chicago suburb)
    Clear sunny day 70 degrees

JUNE 14,2013--Sunny day and 85 degrees south of Cave Junction in southern Oregon. Golden Mean top bar hive,April 9 this year package install filled hive except last bar, Carniolans, swarmed today.

June 14, 2013 Springfield Ohio ZIP 45504 Sunny day in 70's after strong storms previous day. Caught a swarm, likely feral.
    Pete. New 2013, 3 hives, zone 6a
    To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous.

June 15th, 2013, Roanoke (Bonsack area), VA 24012. Perfect June day. Just finished checking out a nuc in my backyard that had a bunch of scouts around it. Not too impressed as I had seen that before. Go in the house, post a video of the scouts to show my Cousin (here is that video). Go out to check a Top Bar in the backyard. Bees doing the typical afternoon orientation flights. Go back in the house and wife asks about the scouts. I told her that the scouting had calmed down (only saw a single bee on the way back in) but the boys and girls were orienting, which we like to watch. She goes to the window and screams "OH MY GOD! LOOK OUT THE WINDOW!" Tons and tons of bees moving into the nuc. Checked my other hive in the yard, but there were not coming from that box. Anyway we got to sit in the middle of a swarm with my wife and daughter. It was very, very cool! Posting the video of the swarm here. Cant wait to open her up in a few days to see how big it is. It seemed huge!
    Last edited by shannonswyatt; 06-15-2013 at 02:51 PM. Reason: spelling

First swarm moved in at my place in SE Iowa zip 52544 both around 2ish 5/30/13 and another one 6/15/13 both 4-5 pounds
    Rick Kumer

Portland, Oregon here. June 4th through 16th. I and some others around here have been getting so many swarm calls it's impossible to keep up. As soon as the morning clouds free up and people start looking around outside, it's "Oh my God there's this crazy mess of bees in my back yard! HELP! Pretty much upper 50's to low 60's at night and pushing 80 or more in the days.

Expierenced my first swarm on 6/16/13 area code 04093 buxton Maine this was from a installed package in April

June 18
    Partly cloudy
    Avoca, WI

June 19...Sunny 80 after two days of rain
    June 20.....argh

June 17th Swarm in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. Easy collection 5 feet off the ground in a cedar tree. Set a box under them on an overturned garbage can and got them in one shake.

Adam

Got a call this late afternoon. "I had a swarm of bees move into my garage." After asking several questions, he told me he has a log house with attached garage and 3 years ago had a swarm move into the garage - up under the ceiling insulation. Had a beekeeper come in and he peeled back the insulation and dumped the new moved in swarm into a hive. He took it away that night. The next day, a new swarm moved into where the previous one was. He had the beekeeper back to take it.

I get there tonight and he says, "You are going to think I'm nuts. There aren't any bees here. I left for a little bit after I called you and there were hundreds of bees flying around. Now nothing."

I looked around. Yes, there were some honeybees inside the garage. I think they were all scouts. So, we caulked all the holes in the wall where the bees were looking at and I set up a hive with drawn comb. I'm hoping tomorrow, the scouts come back, find their what was going to be new home, plugged - and then they discover the nice new home with comb already drawn.

Punxsutawney, PA.

I'll keep you up to date.

I got a swarm call today. Exton, Pa They said it has been there for 3 days. I shook them into a box and figured I'd come back in the late evening to tie it all up. Well they were back on the branch. So I shook them off again and closed it all up and now they're at my house. Here's hoping that they stay. I'll add a frame of eggs / open brood tomorrow morning first thing.

6/15/13
    Early evening
    Andover, MN 55304

A local farmer called to report that there were a bunch of bees going crazy near a small spruce tree. We couldn't get there that evening but drove out there the next day around noon. The bees were still on the spruce. They were clustered about 3 feet off of the ground. A quick shake and they were mine.
    -Phil Domeier
    www.nowthenhoney.com

3lb swarm from my own hive.in box and happy.for now!
    81505,full sun 95deg.not one sting.
    Grand junction colorado.gota love free bees!

Picked up 5 this week in traps. 1 on 6/17, 2 on 6/18, and 2 on 6/21. Just needed a little heat. Near Liberty, IN.
    Jason Bruns
    LetMBee.com YouTube

Upperco Maryland 21155

Swarms: May 27th escaped capture, June 10th Caught, June 16th Caught. One hive swarmed earlier in May but at a beeyard I do not get to very often so I do not when exactly--but probably the first week of May.

June 23
    Partly cloudy
    Humid
    87*

Page 101 of 107 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast