Page 91 of 118 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 2348

Default Re: Please Post your Swarm Dates?

4/08/2013
    about 2 lbs five feet or so off the ground
    nice and sunny, a little breezy, about 70 degrees

4-10-13 four swarm calls today. the biggest was six pounds the smallest was about three pounds.
    Two of the big swarms were from the same hive combined weight of both were 13 pounds. plus hive in attic it must be massive waiting on reply on cut out.

4/10/13, 76567, small swarm six feet off ground on a small sapling.

4-11-13, 95632. Bugger I was getting ready for work and one of my hives decided to jump. Now they are 20' up in the tree in my front yard. Hope they're still there when I get home tonight. Baited hive set out in the bed of my truck.

C2

Today
    One of mine unfortunately.....

Big Grin Re: Please Post your Swarm Dates?

4/11/13, 76520, medium size swarm chest high after backing the truck under it.
    Get a call about a front end loader knocking a tree over full of bees. Show up and the tree is split open with all the comb exposed so this will be and easy cut out. Get suited up and the next door neighbors are saying there is a bunch of bees gathering in a tree in their front yard I go to investigate and sure enough a swarm. Two hives for one trip what a great day for beekeeping!

Well they were still there when I got home. Finally got them down at midnight, they are now sitting inside one of my swarm transporters. I'll put them in a hive tomorrow AM after they cool down, 3 stings, they weren't too happy with me.

C2

one on 04/09 low to ground caught and doing fine two more 04/11 still about 40 foot in tree their spending second nite up tree first nite rain all nite and looks like tonite will be cool got lots of bait hives sitting everwhere hope they find a good home tomorrow was able to get rope with bucket under one of them but limb is too big to shake them off into bucket with frames of comb if any one wonders how to get rope up that high try useing bow and arrow with fishing reel to get 20 pound test line over limb then pull larger cord over with bucket, wont work if you cant shake the limb

4-12-13, Manteca, CA = Swarm call from the place I was supposed to set traps this year but didn't find time to do it! They ended up in the block wall where a swarm went in last year, but that hive died out over winter. I couldn't get them as the queen was already inside. I ended up setting 3 traps in various areas around the property as this place is a swarm magnet!
    Coyote Creek Bees

I got another one last night 4/12

Smallish swarm today. S. E. NC.
    People have 2 hives in their home that I am "supposed" to take out when the husband, a contractor, gets time to do the demo in two weeks.
    They said they already had three huge swarms & told my niece about it & asked her to give their number to me but she never did. At least I know the swarm is from a healthy hive. They've had hives in the house for two years so it isn't an AFB concern from my standpoint.
    I'm using this swarm ONLY to draw out medium frames for my supers. A couple of weeks prior to the end of the flow I'll put a second deep box on. Right now they are in a single deep of drawn comb with a medium box of foundation above.

From my suburban TBH:
    04-05-2013 - Attempted to swarm out of my hive late evening, I managed to keep them happy until the next day when my hive threw one full (basketball sized) swarm and was going to throw another. A local beek who runs a bee removal company came and got the swarm from a low tree and the cluster from the bottom of my hive. They are now living in a town a few miles away with a very happy beek.
    04-14-2013 - One small swarm into a neighbor's tree, has since moved on to another neighbor's tree. Not really sure what to do about it now.....

Fayetteville AR 72701 I attempted to capture a swarm. When I got up to them they were all buzzing pretty loud and when I brushed them into my box they took for the sky. 15 minutes later there were only maybe five bees in the box. They had not returned to the limb either. But, there was a lot of activity by what the home owner had pointed out was a bee tree. So, I don't know if they decided to head back to the original tree or if I got there just as they had decided to take off for wherever they were going.

This thread isn't very active. I captured a football sized swarm in North Portland, OR. yesterday April 15. Better than a tax return.

My son's caught one today 4/16/13 Forsyth Mo.65653

got another today 4/16
    plus a removal

Today 4/16 two swarms by my bees but I think they were from some commercial pollinators nearby.

4/16 Rogers, AR

Around 4/10 and 4/11 in Medford, OR, a beek caught a couple swarms. We have one of them now in our first hive (a TBH). I'm guessing 3lbs or more of bees. I think the other swarm was a bit smaller from what he said.

Bad news=two hives swarmed within the last week. good news is I came home after finding this out and saw a massive swarm had taken up residency in one of my swarm traps.. It was an older one that I put out 2 years ago. Once I saw them I got a 10 frame deep and put them in it with a brood frame. I put 6 drawn frames and 4 undrawn plus a medium on undrawn so I could get them to use their wax building abilities to get me some more drawn comb for the hives I am trying to get honey from.
    Zip=28443

Page 91 of 118 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast