Page 89 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 2367

Default Re: Please Post your Swarm Dates?

first Swarm 03/12/13 of 2013 4-5 pounder on limb of black walnut 8 feet up zip 75961 Nacogdoches TX took several brushing bees into nuc box to get queen

David

March 8, 2013, in Los Angeles, CA. It was big enough that I could hear them in the top of a big eucalyptus tree before I saw them. Probably from my hive too, unfortunately.

March 17, 2013 in Fayetteville, Ga. Got a call after church today from a man across town. Probably 15# low on the side of a oak tree.

TG

3/17/2003 94519
    Concord, CA
    Dan

3/17/13 First swarm. 77520
    But! This swarm had been in the tree 6 months!
    Nothing in 2013.
    Julysun elevation 23 feet. 4 Hives, 2 years.

3-2-13, 95231 (French Camp, CA) I got a call from CHP, they had a complete hive sitting on the side of the freeway, and officer moved it to the side of the freeway, but it was definately full of bees. I picked that up, the top and bottom boards were a complete loss. Just about every frame had damage to the top bars, so I am working those out of rotation. The hive body it's self will be repairable, and the bees themselves are doing great!

3-8-13, 95632 (Galt, CA) Swarm cap. Approx 4-5 lbs of bees covering the roof and drivers door of a truck. Some LGO, 10 frames, and a top board. Placed open bottom on top of them and watched move in the hive in a matter of 25 mins. I was able to recorded the whole thing on my phone's video recorder, even watched the queen move in, she was among the last to do so. Nice easy capture.

3-15-13 95258 (Woodbridge, CA) Swarm cap. Approx 7+ lbs of bees about 15ft feet up in the air in a pine tree and bridging the gap between 2 branches. Pain to take down due to height, but full hive of bees that seem to be doing well was worth it.

Happy hunting folks!

C2

3/2/2013. After dark got a call from home owner in SW Louisiana - Football size swarm in front of home - middle of town. Located on a small bush & front of home. About 1 foot off the ground. Smaller swarm in back yard on small tree - 3 ft off ground. Next day swamp combined and we captured.

Had left a hive in front of this house - next weekend (3/8/13) - small swarm showed up in the hive. Move to a nuc after moving to our bee yard.

3/16/13 - Lake Charles, LA. Soccer ball size swarm in a fig tree about 2 feet of the ground. Brushed into a hive.

3/19/13...Another call from LC. Will see about it today.
    Busy in South West Louisiana.

3-19-13, 95632 (Galt, CA) My own backyard. I was getting ready for work and went to brush my teeth when I heard the familiar sound of lots of bees in the air. I looked out into my little bee yard to see a swarm swirling in my yard. Thought "shoot, one of my hives is swarming!" I walked out to my hives expecting to see them just pouring out of one of my hives. To my shock, they were moving into one of my empties instead. A most welcome sight to say the least since I didn't really have time to chase them down. So I went back inside and continued to get ready for work. I baited another hive and set it out before I left. I know that rain was in the forecast for today, but I would sure like to look in to the other hives to see if I missed something. That way I can try and see if it was even from my own hives.

C2

That is a self splitting hive!

Quote Originally Posted by CaBees View Post
    That is a self splitting hive!
    Sun poked out for a little while here, so I took the opportunity to check the hive...found the queen, no brood or eggs. I inspected my other hives and they all had queens, larva and eggs, so it wasn't mine...it was a free-bee.

C2

First swarm of the season, 3/21/13. Frisco TX, nice basketball size swarm

3-22-13, 76520 Large swarm

We recieved our first swarm call yesterday, too bad it was in Las Vegas, 534 miles south of us. We need contact information for Las Vegas beekeepers. Last year we had ~25 swarm calls in Las Vegas and no where to send them to, we have set up http://www.honeybeeswarmremoval.com please register.

Zip 28574...USDA Zone 8.
    Had a few hives that started swarm preparations around March 10.
    Split them all...but today, 55 F temps and very windy, right under my nose, one of them has thrown three swarms...each with his own virgin...all three landed on the same "lucky" tree, in nice, very well defined, separate clusters.

First swarm call today, 3/29/13.........a Good Friday swarm!! It wasn't huge, probably a 3-4 pounder, but free bees non-the-less!! It was in Mountain House, CA..........near zip code 95377. It landed in an olive tree about 7' off the ground, had to do some major limb trimming to be able to get it out, snipped the branch it was on, set it in the swarm catching hive and they climbed all over the combs and began fanning. I left the hive on the ground for about 15 minutes while I shook a couple gloves full of bees off the branch where they originally were. I got them to the bee yard and put a frame of brood in to lock them down and will leave them alone for about a week before transferring them into a regular hive.

Swarm landed around 2 PM and it was a nice sunny 70+ degrees out.
    Coyote Creek Bees

I'm in Raleigh, NC and my hive swarmed today, March 30 2013.

had one swarm about 4-6 weeks ago and had a friend call wanting me to help catch a swarm today 3/30/13 in south Ms.

had several hives swarmed today.between splits and swarms, i have picked up 13 new hives this weekend. i still have several more hives to go check out. wasnt able to get to them today. this swarm season is in for sure. wadesboro and lilesville, north carolina

Caught a swarm this afternoon 3/31, 5:30 pm
    Frisco, TX 75078

Morganton NC, caught a swarm 3/29/13 in the backyard.....not sure yet if it was from my hive. My hive is a year old almost to the date. Had built a hive for my son the night before as well as ordered more equipment for a split earlier THAT SAME DAY! Talk about dumb luck. I haven't had a chance to go in my hive due to my work schedule this weekend but I feel like it came from mine. The cluster was in a ornamental peach tree about 3ft high and 35ft from my existing hive. All seem to be doing well and taking feed.

Page 89 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast