Page 52 of 89 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1766

Default Re: Please Post your Swarm Dates?

small swarm moved into my TBH june 1st in coward sc.

78953. A swarm moved into one of my traps at a friends place about 60 miles away. He is going to bring them to me tomorrow.

Sorry for the late posting... I'm a first time beekeeper who went from no bees to two hives overnight. Two different swarm traps, 30 yards apart, caught bees in the same weekend. Noticed the bees on Memorial Day...5/28. Location...Fond du Lac WI 54937.

cuaght one swarm yesterday and 2 today

Drawn comb, particularly if it is old is a good draw. I have been using it the last two years. Haven't caught as many swarms as some, but enough for me.

Congrats
    Jason Bruns
    LetMBee.com YouTube

6/10/12 Swarm#2 in same apricot tree as Swarm#1 on 6/1/12[few posts up], hived quickly once spotted when we got back from lunch.

6/11/12 Swarm#3 again in apricot tree, waited until evening to hive this colony. I'd run out of frames, so had to run up to Mann Lake in Woodland, CA from some prefabbed supers, painted with frames. Did the run in just over 2 hrs. and had the cluster in the new boxes by 7pm.

I'm concerned about Swarm#1... See this post for further details.

6/11/12 - Got a call from a home owner about a rather large swarm that had moved into their hot tub. Went over to inspect and found about half the swarm on the outside and the rest of them inside the pump compartment. The owners said she got to watch the swarm land on the side of the tub and she promptly snapped a picture and showed me, its about a 7 pounder atleast! Will be removing them in about 40 minutes.

This year has been crazy for swarms!! I have two other established colonies to remove on Friday, one is in an irrigation box and the other is in a tractor tire, if everything goes right they should be just right to replace my laying worker hives I dumped out last week!! Will also be moving the hives this weekend to another yard in prep for star thistle!! Seen some plants starting to head out already!
    Coyote Creek Bees

June 7, and June 9 are my lattest swarms.
    The last swarm was at a Putt Putt Course that had to be closed due to the swarm. They already had built a comb in the nuc box when I checked it on Monday June 11th I have a picture but it did not load.

June 9th swarm collected at a Mini Golf Course. June 11 inspected nuc it is in, found queen and comb built on lid.

http://s1254.photobucket.com/albums/...combKing-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post
    June 9th swarm collected at a Mini Golf Course. June 11 inspected nuc it is in, found queen and comb built on lid.

http://s1254.photobucket.com/albums/...combKing-1.jpg
    My 2nd swarm of the year was 3 weeks ago, sorry I did not post it then. There in a 10 frame deep, and tomorrow I'll throw a super on top.
    Not as many swarm calls as last year, but Alway ready.

Just caught my first swarm in a trap this afternoon at 3:30 in Stewiacke, Nova Scotia.

I just happened to be standing there when the swarm moved in. Pretty fun to watch.

Adam

Got a swarm call this morning in NE Iowa. The swarm was the size of a soccer ball and had been there since Friday afternoon. Only 6 feet off the ground and it was textbook easy to collect it! I think of the approximatley 5 swarms I've gotten, this one was the largest and the easiest to get to.

Sherill

just came in from hiving my first swarm ever ,,,was awesome & very lucky they decided to set on a sapling as they were as high in near by trees 30 or more feet

Last edited by stevedc; 06-24-2012 at 05:26 PM.

Nassau NY 12123
    Junes 24th My nuc I installed two weeks ago looks like it Swarmed. Can this really be? I had it in a 2 deeps.

Got a call yesterday Sunday July 1 for Dubois, PA that a swarm was on a window. I was busy and told the people I couldn't come, but would come this morning. When I called them this morning, they said the swarm had moved inside a hole in their brick house.

Of course, they were also telling me that they have a had a colony living in another hole for a while, and last week the owner put Sevin dust in the hole and killed them. I have to wonder if this swarm smelled the scent of honey and comb, flew there to move in and determined the hole had been poisoned and ending up finding a new place to set up shop.

June 9th, picked up a swarm. June 11th they had built comb. Now they have filled the nuc. three frames of brood.

03254 6/30/12

Another swarm on the 6th of July. This must be a hot spot as this is the third swarm this year within about 20' of each other all with different placements.http://s1055.photobucket.com/albums/...t%3Dimage9.jpg
    There's three ways to do everything...the wrong way, the right way, a better way.

Page 52 of 89 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast