Default Holy re-blooming clover batman

Clover has re-bloomed, Supers are full but not capped brood is being back filled fast and drones are being capped left and right..... and I'm out of boxes with limited funds to buy/build some more for a few weeks Never had this problem before. For the time being I just pulled some capped frames and added empties to keep wax maker occupied. Seriously thinking about doing some teranov splits into some TBH Do I have any other options to prevent late swarms?

Default Re: Holy re-blooming clover batman

You need a revised business plan. Your bees need to buy you some woodenware!

We're still having trouble getting clover to grow at our place. I finally got tired of waiting for the master-gardener wife to get the soil tested, so I got out the chemistry stuff and did it myself. As I expected, the soil is all wrong ... too acid, and almost totally deficient in potassium and phosphorus. Maybe if I can fix that we'll get some decent honey next year, or at least not have to spend 2-3 months feeding syrup.

I thought I had plenty for the yr, Had 2 colonies coming out of winter and I'm up to 10 now. All but one are in at least double brood boxes now and 4 of them are packing supers away. We have had some sort of slow flow all yr with a couple of intense flows in between. I already harvested once the first week of july

No dearth this year, white clover has not stopped, golden rod just got stated. I've been putting box after box all year, I just made 30 deeps and I am almost out

right our GR are starting to get buds just about 35 min S of me I saw them in bloom already. So we are close, I'm afraid it will put them over the edge on swarming. NEVER DREAMED that I wouldn't be feeding april splits by the end of july, even my one nuc that is a single story isn't taking syrup.

Yep... I don't think we're going to have much dearth here this year. It has come and gone a little bit, but it just doesn't want to stop. Hopefully we get a little more rain to sustain the late spring/early summer stuff because golden rod isn't too far off here.

Good year to need a lot of comb drawn, but bad year to be preventing swarms maybe? Actually, the amount of comb I could have filled (if I had drawn) at one of my yards near lots of alfalfa... painful to think about almost.

I was really surprised to see the clover blooming again in the yard again this past week. I would say the golden rod is still 2 weeks out.
    Peoria IL.

Ditches with the early blooming golden rod have a yellow tinge. A few of my yards are still on alfalfa, God bless the farmers and weather. If I only would have had drawn comb!

Anyway, it's late July and my bees are drawing good amounts of snow white wax on plastic foundation... Life is good. Now I am frightened of August swarming being a pretty real possibility. Some of my queens just started laying drones again.