Default Overwintering a light hive

Is it too late to reduce down a week hive to a single 5 frame nuc or maybe even a double 5 frame nuc for over wintering?

Situation I have described in another thread is that I have one 2 deep hive that only weighs 75 pounds in an area that should weigh 150.

I am taking the suggestions in the previous thread to heart, just trying to make sure I am covering all my bases.

Default Re: Overwintering a light hive

Reducing to a double 5 frame is not out of the question at this point. As long as you get enough of your bees into the box and ALL of the honey they have. Your only problem is going to be in the spring. You need to be able to get out there as soon as the weather is allowing and see where the stores are in the hive. Too low, throw a sugar block on.
    Thomas Bartram - Since 2013, 43 - 8 F langs, 22 Italian & 21 Russian

If you can get them in a double nuc without too much crowding, you will need to feed them up with 2 to 1 before it is cold. Make sure you don't feed them too much, they need empty cells to cluster in.

Would we think that this is a better option than leaving the double deeps and emergency feed all winter?

What should I do with the other 10 frames...well probably only 6-7 are full, but the question remains, what should I do with them, freeze them and swap out during a warm winter day?

I wouldnt have a problem getting the bees back in the Nuc because I would not be moving the Nuc. Place right back in the same spot