I started 10 nucs on June 15 as I worked in North Dakota, with the help of a commercial beek, on July 15 I made 5 more splits from the original 10for a total of 15 5frame nucs.
On thursday I picked up the original 10 and brought them home 600 miles to Minnesota to evaluate and prepare them for winter .With help to get the 10 3story nucs in my pickup.
Today I weighed them to feed as needed and was thrilled to find out these weights......for the 3story 5frame nucs...138; 141; 119; 98; 109; 138; 120; 111; 127; 136; I only added feeders to the 2 lightest hives...
The other 5 splits are 2 boxes high and about 50#each,,
So my original 20 frames of brood and bees have turned into 250 frames of comb brood bees honey and wax....and a total of 1480#,,,,I only provided the boxes and frames and foundation tops and bottoms.
My hat is off to my mentor beek in ND who supplied me with great stock to start this adventure
I might note that several times this summer I went to inspect the hives tto find the covers off of 2 hives in particular and one hive was tipped over at least twice,,,They are in a pasture with cattle who can use the hives as scratching posts I think these are the 98 and 109 # hives..
The next hurdle is WINTER....I'm learning that if a person is persistant, and learns from mistakes---even a Knob can learn to be a Beek....