Default No more Saturday at Dadant

We were up near Paris this morning setting bees, so we ran up there thinking they would be open until noon. They were closed so I checked the website just now. No Dadand branches are open on Saturdays now. Makes it tough for people with day jobs. I guess it's mail order, or if I want wooden ware, take a few hours off during the week.

Yes, that was shocker when I called in late March to pick up an order I faxed. As luck would have it, I had the Friday off and drove the 2 hours to pick it up. Of course, I had to drop off my wife at her mothers for me to take the trip. She had just got out of minor surgery and was not able to do the drive with me.. Just gotta love nice mother-in-laws!!

I am now going to do bulk orders and take time off. A lot cheaper than shipping for lots of hive bodies and frames etc.. Still works out cheaper when you buy in bulk and pick up.

Ross, That's a problem for me too here at the Waverly NY Dadant. I wish they were open, even one Saturday morning a month from about March 1st though the bee season. On top of that, they close during lunch hour so I can't even get there unless I take a late lunch. But, they sure beat paying those killer shipping charges, even if it is inconvenient.

But, I imagine most of their business is mail order, and so, I feel fortunate that they are open to the public during the week.

It would make more sense to be closed on Mondays and open on Saturdays...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Smile Dadant, Kentucky, open every Saturday

Thanks for making me aware of this. As branch manager of the Dadant Branch in Frankfort, Kentucky, we are open on Saturdays from 9am to 3pm. We know how important it is for beekeepers who work throughout the week to be able to do beekeeping business on a Saturday. Our toll-free number is 1-888-932-3268 and we in Frankfort, KY,operate more as a resource center than just a bee supply company.

Ya'll come on by.

Rob and Stella Mountain
    If a job is worth doing - Then do it well

That's great.. can you get your Lynchburgh, VA office open on a Saturday too?

I wish Paris, TX would try that.