Thread: Beehive mistake

Default Beehive mistake

Here's a frivolous picture.

My wife brought this home a few days ago and I got a chuckle out of it. Those pesky wasps are confusing the bees market image.

I turned it over and and found the back interesting too. Not funny interesting, but I was curious what others thought.

"100% Natural Beewax"

I'm assuming that they don't mean the product is 100% beeswax (unless they have really good bees that add a variety of oils, peppermint, and rosemary to their wax :P ). That leaves it to mean the beeswax they use it 100% natural. My question is whats unnatural beeswax? (wouldn't they just call that wax?) It just seemed to me like they were looking for a nice thing to say that could be interpreted in many ways (and leave them lots of wiggle room for "what they meant").

It appears misleading at a minimum...however, maybe they mean that the beeswax that they use is "100% Beeswax" <scratching head - Go figure> haha

Well, the beeswax they used was 100% beeswax...none of that inferior artificial beeswax in there.

At least I hope so....I tried putting 100% beeswax on my lips once and they got all scratched up and bled for days.

BTW, that isn't a hornet nest, that is one of those ubiquitous hanging skeps.

Rick

What's up with the disclaimer in the lower left corner of the back of the package?

"This product is not manufactured or distributed by Burt's Bees, Inc."

Must be an interesting story.

Quote Originally Posted by coyote View Post
    What's up with the disclaimer in the lower left corner of the back of the package?

"This product is not manufactured or distributed by Burt's Bees, Inc."

Must be an interesting story.
    I as thinking about that too. I didn't see anything that looked like or suggested Burt's Bees. Maybe some lawyer figured that Burt's is such a well known brand that people might think anything with "bees" or "beeswax" was from Burt's?