Thread: Bees for MS

Wink Bees for MS

I have been interested to read what has been said on the forum about apitherapy, and my experience is just starting. I have MS and saw a wonderful man in Belgium who's been treating MS for 15 years wthe bee venom. There in a doctor in Maine who does the same thing. Check him out:

Dr. Theodore Cherbuliez
    13 Main Street, P.O. Box 155
    South Freeport ME 04078-0155
    USA

tel.: + 1 207-865-1269
    e-mail: tcherbuliez@suscom-maine.net

I have not yet contacted him, but will do so

Quote Originally Posted by uru55 View Post
    I have been interested to read what has been said on the forum about apitherapy, and my experience is just starting. I have MS and saw a wonderful man in Belgium who's been treating MS for 15 years wthe bee venom. There in a doctor in Maine who does the same thing. Check him out:

Dr. Theodore Cherbuliez
    13 Main Street, P.O. Box 155
    South Freeport ME 04078-0155
    USA

tel.: + 1 207-865-1269
    e-mail: tcherbuliez@suscom-maine.net

I have not yet contacted him, but will do so
    URU55, I had the opportunity to hear Dr. Cherbuliez speak at our NC State Beekeepers meeting. He was very interesting and knowledgeable. He worked in conjunction with Frederique Keller that day and they treated lots of people for arthritis, gout, diabetic neuropathy and other illnesses during the workshops that they taught. If you get the chance to hear him speak I recommend that you do so.

Susan

I am being treated by Rich Domerego, who has written a book with Dr Cherbuliez, and who lives in Brussels. He too said, if I could get the chance, I should try to go and see him. It will mean a journey to Maine, but that's a holiday in preparation!

I am being treated by Rich Domerego, who has written a book with Dr Cherbuliez, and who lives in Brussels. He too said, if I could get the chance, I should try to go and see him. It will mean a journey to Maine, but that's a holiday in preparation!
    Do you find the bee sting therapy effective for your MS? I have a friend diagnosed with MS three years ago and would be very interested to find out if my bees could help.

Do you have the name of the book? I would love to read it.

Susan

I only started the treatment a month ago, and for the moment I am working up to a quantity of bee vemon that will be effective. At the beginning there are side effects, which I have for the time being, and then number of injections will increase. The number of stings that will be effective may well be 35+ twice a week, but I won't be up to that quantity for some time. I'll keep you posted. Any way, it's better than Interferon etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory and Susan Fariss View Post
    Do you have the name of the book? I would love to read it.

Susan
    The book I read was in French, called "Ces abbeilles qui nous guerissent" -> Theses bees who heal us, but there is another person who has written about Bees and MS called Pat Wagner, but I haven't read anything by her. There is stuff on the net about her, and she in the US.

Default I am a beekeeper with MS

Started beekeeping in 1970, got MS in 1990, get stung regularly, MS is progressing slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by odfrank View Post
    Started beekeeping in 1970, got MS in 1990, get stung regularly, MS is progressing slowly.
    Is the MS progressing, or do you feel that there is some improvement. I was told that in 70% of cases there is an improvement.

Are you stung regularly because you look after bees or do you get stung with the idea if getting treated?

The book I read was in French, called "Ces abbeilles qui nous guerissent" -> Theses bees who heal us, but there is another person who has written about Bees and MS called Pat Wagner, but I haven't read anything by her. There is stuff on the net about her, and she in the US.
    I guess I could painstakingly translate it and then read it! :confused:
    I've read Pat Wagner's book, "How Well Are You Willing To Bee?" Another one by Amber Rose, "Bee in Balance," is really good. And I was given a copy of Charles Mraz's "Health and the Honeybee" for my birthday a couple of weeks ago that is also good. Amber Rose's book is probably the most comprehensive in the way of actual instructions on how to sting for various problems. I am just starting "Bees Don't Get Arthritis," by Fred Malone. I think I will try to find a copy of "Ces abbeilles qui nous guerissent," to read when I am through. Thanks URU.

Susan

What a fascinating thread. OdFrank, do you think your progression is slower then most because of the bee stings? I wish you the best, sincerely.

Default For all I know....

It was the bee venom that gave me MS....

Now there's a curious thing to say! Bee venom may have given you MS

Who told you that one? I've never heard of MS being caused by bee venom - in fact I've never heard of beekeepers with MS.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory and Susan Fariss View Post
    I guess I could painstakingly translate it and then read it! :confused:
    I've read Pat Wagner's book, "How Well Are You Willing To Bee?" Another one by Amber Rose, "Bee in Balance," is really good. And I was given a copy of Charles Mraz's "Health and the Honeybee" for my birthday a couple of weeks ago that is also good. Amber Rose's book is probably the most comprehensive in the way of actual instructions on how to sting for various problems. I am just starting "Bees Don't Get Arthritis," by Fred Malone. I think I will try to find a copy of "Ces abbeilles qui nous guerissent," to read when I am through. Thanks URU.

Susan
    Thanks for those names. I shall be adding that to my list of books to read
    It may well be that the book "Ces abeilles qui nous guerissent" is translated, but you'll have to check it out. If not, there's some work to be done in the winter months! It's written by Roch Domérego, who is the man I saw in Brussels for the apitherapy.

I agree with URU, I have never heard of bee stings giving anyone MS. In fact, experts understand what MS is, but don't really know what causes it. Here are some of the possible explanations, but none have been proven:

Scientists have long been searching for an infectious agent that might trigger MS. While many different viruses have been suggested, including rabies, herpes simplex virus, measles, corona virus, canine distemper virus, HTLV-1, Epstein-Barr virus, among others, none has yet been confirmed. Chlamydia pneumoniae, a bacterial agent, has also been suggested but never proven. Although no trigger has yet been identified, most MS experts believe that some infectious agent is involved in initiating the disease process.
    From The MS Information Sourcebook, produced by the National MS Society.

Susan

Angry You Mis-quoted Me

What I said was: "For all I know, it was Bee venom that gave me MS". I continue to get Bee Stings, the MS continues to get worse. I was getting regular bee stings for 20 years before I got MS. I believe that bee stings cure MS as much as I believe that small cell cures mites.

What I said was: "For all I know, it was Bee venom that gave me MS". I continue to get Bee Stings, the MS continues to get worse. I was getting regular bee stings for 20 years before I got MS. I believe that bee stings cure MS as much as I believe that small cell cures mites.
    Perhaps the number of stings is not enough for there to be any effect on the MS. From what I gather, the number of stings has to be quite high for there to be any effect. That is 35 stings twice a weeks, at least. And that, all year round. I'll let you, because I've not been at this long enough, I am only working up to a number of stings that will have an effect. Good luck!

Cool I have MS

and I do Stings for it. I was taking pain pills and muscle relaxers several times a week. Started stinging nine months ago and had to take a muscle relaxer for the 1st time last week. reason being I had gotten lazy and not stung for about a month. Just got two packages of bees and going to give a shot at beekeeping. have a great day and BEE well.
    2nd Year in Beekeeping

If all this is successful as I believe it will be, I shall be getting a small hive aswell. Not for the honey, just for the bees. I don't know much about beekeeping, but this is an excellent time to learn!

Sorry, Odfrank, I don't always notice what is written in the tltle portion. I did misquite you but not intentionally.

Susan