Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Has

30K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  kc in wv 
#1 ·
Just to let you know My wife and I just completed reservations to the HAS bee seminars in Frankfort Kentucky. It is one of the best conventions I have been to. Any one else going?
Clint

#2 ·
I'll be joining you at HAS

My State [West Virginia] will be hosting HAS 2008 July 10-12 at Marshall University. I'm going to HAS 2007 in Kentucky a few days early to learn about set-up and generally help out.
HAS is always a terrific meeting for the small beekeeper. Lots of great seminars, hands-on classes in the beeyard, all at a very low cost.
I'll see you there & invite everyone to join us in Huntington, WV in 2008.
-Danno

#11 ·
Checkout the HAS program

Checkout the HAS program at http://www.heartlandbees.com/has_2007_program_grid.pdf

And HAS 07 http://www.heartlandbees.com/index.htm

We have our own Mike Bush.

Program tracts:

Experienced Beekeepers.
Intermediate Beekeepers.
Beginner Beekeepers.
Bee Biology.
Queen Rearing.
General Session 1.
General Session 2.
Experienced Beekeepers Bee Yard.
Beginner Beekeepers Bee Yard.

Chairman: Robin Mountain
955 Chenault Road , Building D, Frankfort , Kentucky 40601
Phone: (502) 848-0000 Fax: (502) 848-0009 mountain@dadant.com

President: Phil Craft
100 Fair Oaks, Suite 252, Frankfort, KY 40601
Phone 502-564-3956, Fax 502-564-7852, phil.craft@ky.gov

Vice President: Gabe Blatt
3554 Haneys Branch Road, Huntington, WV 25704
Phone/Fax 304-429-1268, gabeblatt@prodigy.net

Secretary: Tom Kees
Route 5, Box 93A, Fairmont WV 26554.
Phone 304-363-4782 Beesnbooks70@peoplepc.com

Treasurer: Toni Downs
1315 Watkins Lane, Pleasureville, KY 40057
Phone 502-845-8987 tonivdowns@hotmail.com

2007 Conference Vendor Coordinator: Martin J. Hickey
1664 Blue Level Road, Bowling Green, KY 42101
Phone 270-843-8734 (Day) 270-846-1702 (Evenings up to 9PM CST)
Fax 270 846 3626 Queenannsrevenge2002@Yahoo.Com

#16 ·
The first day at HAS in Kentucky went well. During lunch construction people working on the building set off the fire alarm. Most missed the after lunch classes because of the fire alarm and late lunches.
I did see and talk to many friends and saw Mike Bush and went to 2 of the lectures he gave.
It's fun seeing and talking to all the beekeepers and learning how they are doing things.
A lot of no chemical use is stressed along with how to not stress the bees.
Clint

#17 ·
Has 2007

Like Clinton, I am enjoying the meeting very much. It was interesting to see & hear Michael Bush in person...he is excellent! Dann Purvis was going off on the queen rearing world & their wrong-headedness. It was fun to listen to him. The whole conference has been very useful so far. Off to another day of classes! -Danno

#18 ·
Second day at HAS was also great. Classes were a learning experance for all even thou all who did the bee yard in the morning got rained on.(I have never worked with such calm & gentle bees during a storm in my life.) Got to get some of those queens from Robin Mountain.
We have had good food and a great time talking with old and new friends about beekeeping and we are looking forward to the next day and the 08 HAS meeting.
I feel of all the meetings I go to this is the best and the people attending are the best.
Clint

#19 ·
I agree with Clinton

Rob Mountain's bees are nice to work with for sure! He worked at Weaver's & Strachan's & is VERY knowledgeable about queen raising. He was re-elected as Chair of HAS so he will be working with us to bring it to Huntington, WV next year from July 10-12 at Marshall University. Mark your calendars now & bee sure to attend! -Danno

#20 ·
The 2007 HAS meeting has ended. We had over 400 Beekeepers there from a lot of different states and 2 from the Virgin Islands. There were many different classes/lectures/discussions. All had fun even though we had a fire drill during lunch Friday. Saw many friends and made many more. Those that were there and were members of BeeSource wrote beesource below their name and we were asked about the website. I did invite many to come on and see what we do here and if they were interested to please join us.
Clint

#21 ·
I just got home from HAS

It was a great conference covering subjects from Beginner to Experienced Beekeeping, queen raising, cooking, bee biology, If it had to do with beekeeping, I think there was at least one presentation on it.

There was 5 one hour class sessions Thursday and Friday and 4 class sessions today. Each session had 10 presenters in a class room setting or in the field. The list of presenters was a who’ who of beekeeping, including several from our own Beesource.com.

This HAS was a great learning experience and well worth the minimal cost to go. The only glitches I noticed were not caused by HAS.

If you haven’t been to a HAS conference you need to go to the next one at Marshall University in Huntington WV. If you have been to HAS you still need to go. Huntington is on Interstate 64 and Marshall is just a little over 2 miles off of the Interstate. It is a beautiful campus, Modern facilities, nice and level with everything close together.

It was a pleasure to sit in several Mike Bush’s presentations

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.