Default Grapes and frost

Hi, does anyone know if sub freezing temps. at night will kill the new growth on grape vines?

Tiny grapes are just now forming, or maybe their flower buds?

Lows will be in 20s next few nights.

I haven't grown grapes myself, but I do have several fruit trees and shrubs. If they haven't flowered yet, and the new growth dies back from freeze, they may have a delayed flowering season, and you may get fruit. If they have already flowered, then you get a freeze, my experience is that you will lose any fruit that has started to form until next season. Don't quote me on this, I'm speaking from the experience of peaches, plums, blackberries and dewberries.

The short answer is "probably". Hardiness is dependent on variety, stage of growth, duration of freezing period, nutritional status and many other factors. If it gets in the low 20's for several nights, I would be worried about the canes themselves freezing and bursting.

My experience has been that the sprouts will be frozen back. Not to worry though, this early in the spring the plants should put new sprouts out when it warms up. Some of the new sprouts should have flower buds on them when they come out. The yield will be lower but you chould get some fruit.
    Be Yourself, Everyone Else Is Taken!