Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Beesource is nice, but....

10K views 55 replies 32 participants last post by  Dee 
#1 ·
I really should be doing something other than sitting here reading beesource. Like grafting, building nucs, and other "beekeeping" duties. But as I sit here this morning watching the snow come down, I keep telling myself that things will work out.

And the next person who calls me up and asks if their nucs are ready....I'm coming through the phone line and ripping some heads off... ;)

Ah, what a great life....Hope "Jimmy Nuetron" and the "Backyardigan's" are not reruns this morning....my kids will at least be happy....;)

Now where is that dang cat...I need something to kick.....

#3 ·
I'm with ya, (except the cat part, where's the dog? :D !!). We don't have that much accumulation, because the 40 mph bitter wind off the lake has blown it all away. Poor crocuses, poor daffodils. Hope the ladies have enough to keep them warm and fed for the next week.

#6 ·
The best part of this is that I picked my mother-in-law up from the airport last night. She planned on being here for 6 weeks (she's retired) to help out with the kids. That would give me 6 weeks of no responsibilities at home. Just 15 hour days of bee stuff. And now its suppose to be below 50 degrees til at least the later part of next week.

#7 ·
I can't see my car. There's 12" of new snow this morning and it's still coming down like and my car... is buried. My wife couldn't see it either and backed into it when making a second run out the driveway. So I kissed her good bye this morning, her car bumper kissed my car bumper good bye this morning then I kissed the cat and a minute ago my dog came over and gave me a kiss. There's a whole lot of kissing going on up here in Whitefield Maine this morning.

I for one said to heck with trying to go to work this morning- Nancy has one of those mission-critical health care jobs so she had to trundle off to work, but there's nothing mission critical about my job. My work will be there waiting for me later today, or tomorrow even. No worries.

So I'm sitting here having a traditional Maine power-breakfast: hot black coffee and cold pepperoni pizza.

What was this thread about?

#8 ·
Only a light dusting here.....I keep thinking about how nice Mon and Tuesday were......I hope this is the last cold snap:D . I don't have a cat to kick, an the dog is too big...proably rip me good.....so I think i'll have another cup o'joe instead.....:D .

#9 ·
Only flurries here and 28 degs.... I have grafting to do as well but alas its going to be highs in the low 30's over the next three days and down into the teens at night.

Only good thing is I'll get to move some hives during the day tomorrow that I was planning on having to move at night.

Glad I got all my 2007 equipment hot-dipped on Monday. It would be a cold dip if I were trying to do it now.

Well... time for the 2nd cup of coffee. I've only begun... with my normal 8 cup daily ritual.

#10 ·
Well get off the computer and get my nucs done and I will not have to be calling and asking for them. HA HA HA HA HA HA

I bet they are blowing your phone up (like I did last week)

Take your time and when I get them I do. But I know you will have picked me out the best laddies you have and a queen many eggs

Will be nice to meet you and put a name to a face when I get my nucs

Have a good one everyone
JD

#13 ·
"We're having a heat wave,
A tropical heat wave,
The temperature's rising,
It isn't surprising..."

Yesterday, 4/4/2007 in FARMINGTON, NM
High Temperature: Actual: 75°F
Normal: 66°F
Record: 83°F

Low Temperature:
Actual: 36°F
Normal: 31°F
Record: 10°F

I can post pics if ya like.....

#15 ·
50+ mph winds - I live on an island and the ferry to the mainland has been canceled for two days - can't get to my eye appointment.

Very little snow - the lake kept it warm enough for it to be freezing rain.

ice skating anyone?

#19 ·
34 degrees this morning. There is no snow out here in SE PA. Just cold, cloudy and miserable. I've got two supercedure queens that need to mate, how unfortunate this weather is.

Don't forget about me again, Bjornbee!!! LOL!!! Did you get my message, about forgetting the pollen substitute?

#24 ·
Well, I got to watch the Ellen Degeneris show, laying on the couch with my doggie. That was fun. My boss just called, the power is out so there's no sense going in to work... Guess I'll have to take the day off- my first in months.

The snow has stopped. Looks to be 12+ inches on the deck, the biggest snowfall of the year. Why did I unwrap my hives 2 weeks ago?

I think it's time for a nap :)

#25 ·
I just hope people keep posting at least hourly so I have something to do.
I've recently been laid off & I'm starting to get bored since I can't play with the bees.

Just a drifting of snow here but I see it must be warming slightly - it's melting!!

I've decided to cut down all my deep frames instead of selling them - so far its going well. Bad thing is that I'll need to heat the garage so I can go back out there to do more.

#29 ·
Depressing is what I think of the weather. I am dying to get on with the spring and enjoyment it brings. If it is any consolation, the weather is supposed to be crappy till next Tuesday/Wednesday...so, this weekend I can stay inside and knock off my taxes and I hate doing taxes.

Only a dusting so far here on the Eastern NY/PA border...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.