Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

CCD on Martha Stewart Show

7K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Gregory and Susan Fariss 
#1 · (Edited)
Word is that Martha Stewart is going to have someone on her show later today to tell about CCD. I wonder what that will be like.

#3 ·
:eek: I shudder to think. Not being a Martha Stewart fan, I can imagine all sorts of suggestions from Martha:

"Invite your bees over occasionally to sit in your best rattan chairs on the sunny side of your porch. On second thought, maybe they would find the chaise lounge the most comfortable. Make sure to offer them tastey snacks and a choice between fine bottled water and honey citrus tea but only in your most appealing service ware; you know, the darling set I taught you to make for picnics with royalty. For these and other tips on keeping your bees from fleeing their homes, go to marthaknowseverything.com. Its a good thing.":p

#7 ·
Ha.
To give Martha credit where due, she has had a hive or two on her 'farm' for years. She had bees on her show before, several years ago, where she actually harvested some honey herself then used it in a recipe or something, can't quite remember. Either she had rehearsed her lines very well or was at least more than commonly knowledgable. Good publicity and indeed, 'a good thing'.
Sheri

#8 · (Edited)
You are right, Sherri. Bringng beekeeping into the media on a positive note is "a good thing." As far as whether or not she knew what she was talking about, I don't know. I do know that cue cards and teleprompter are great tools, though:)

I remember the debate on a list from a few years ago after she was shown in her fashionable hat, covered by a billowing veil in front of her hives, about whether or not she was actually a beekeeper. Someone remarked that she had a master beekeeper come in an set up her hives and that she probably didn't know how to put a frame together. That was responded to by someone who said everyone should give her a break. He said he had been her beekeeper for six years or so and if everyone had her schedule they would need help, too. That makes sense. And the banter went back and forth, I don't remember all of the details.

So, that said, I guess I should give the devil her due. I'm kidding, I'm KIDDING!! I know she's not the devil!:eek:

#9 ·
All the stylish and hip people have forgotten all about
Martha ever since she went to jail. She is politely and
pointedly ignored, like something a dog might leave on
the floor during a party.

It is much more fashionable to poke fun at Rachel Ray!

There is an entire community, much larger than all the
beekeeping discussion groups combined, dedicated to
hating and despising her.

Me, I like Anthony Bourdain's take on Rachel, Martha, and
all the other "Celebrity Chefs" one sees on TV.

#10 ·
All the stylish and hip people have forgotten all about
Martha ever since she went to jail...
...It is much more fashionable to poke fun at Rachel Ray!
I'm not stylish, hip or fashionable, Jim. I guess I'll just keep dissin' Martha.:D

She is politely and
pointedly ignored, like something a dog might leave on
the floor during a party.
Gosh, I hope that's not the dance floor.;)

There is an entire community, much larger than all the
beekeeping discussion groups combined, dedicated to
hating and despising her.
Please don't tell my husband. He can't stand "Perky Rachel." It might consume all of his time if he knew there was such a group.

Me, I like Anthony Bourdain's take on Rachel, Martha, and
all the other "Celebrity Chefs" one sees on TV.
I have to admit, I agree with most of that!
Susan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.