Question justifications needed for editing

I "edited" my first post, and was surprised that I needed to state the justification for doing so. Not only that, but it was then posted on the forum for all to see as to why. I did it for "spelling", as I usually find simple blounders in my typing skills, rather than my ignorance for spelling. And it seems no matter how many times I proofread, I usually find one sneaky typo after I post.

I could care less for anyone to see that I made a correction or edit for spelling. But I am curious to ask why it needed to be posted as information for all beesource members to see. Is it that important? Whats the reasoning? And are there going to some "edit police" to see if it was spelling, or even the occassional "on second thought, maybe I should rephrase that to not be a heard headed fool" kind of changes that people have?

Other than that, I like the new forum, except for booting me off if I leave the computor for a few minutes. And it asks me "remember me", but no matter what you do (check or leave unchecked), I have to log in the password everytime anyways. Are these small things that are still being worked out, or is this the way its suppose to be?

Nice job Barry.

Are these small things that are still being worked out, or is this the way its suppose to be?

There are lots of small and big things still needing worked out. That's why this forum is here! Now that I know what is happening with the edit function, I'll look to see what the options are. No, I don't see a need for there to be an explanation for an edit.

Regarding the "remember password" function, again, I'll see if there is anything on my end that controls it.

- Barry

[test edit]
    Last edited by Barry; 03-09-2007 at 07:09 AM.

Thanks Barry.

It appears to me that the "Reason for Edit" field is optional. I ignored it and was still able to edit my post. Unless there is a difference between moderators and users?

I looked into the "time out" setting. This setting works along with the "view who's online" feature. Right now it's set to 15 min. of inactivity that will end your connection. I can set it higher, but then it creates problems with the who's online feature as you could leave the board but your name will still show as being online for 15 more minutes. Right now I'm inclined to just leave it alone for awhile. I've been bumped off myself and perhaps in time I will get tired of it myself and make a change.

- barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post

Regarding the "remember password" function, again, I'll see if there is anything on my end that controls it.

- Barry

[test edit]
    I have that problem when I am on the laptop (microsoft based) but not on the desktop computer (Apple).:confused:

Susan

BJ, I forgot to log out last night and I'm still logged in this morning, so perhaps it's a moderator thing, dunno. I have never been booted.

I have edited without stating a reason, although I have stated twice why I did. On the old board some people were a bit paranoid that editing was being made in their name by admin. We have seen people state reasons because they wanted to, not because they had to. Don't worry, I'm not smirking at your editing for any reason, as long as you don't smirk at me.

[EDIT] For superfluous insensitivity's
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam