Thread: Active Member?

Question Active Member?

It says ACTIVE MEMBERS 103 at the bottom of the main page. I have always thought that there were only about 100 active people posting on this Bulletin Board, but what officially delineates being ACTIVE?
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

I believe (without reading the manual) it means the total number of members that accessed the board in that one day time period.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I believe (without reading the manual) it means the total number of members that accessed the board in that one day time period.
    Yes, that's what it means.
    - Ann, a Gardening Beek

it's interesting if you go to the "Quick Links" tab and look at "Who's online" , the number of unregistered users. it's a lot
    come on folks, we won't bite, jump on in

Dave

Dave,

I suspect some of those "Guests" are people with accounts that just didn't log in. You can still read the forums and only need to log in if posting or checking msgs etc....

Of course there are probably the regular visitors that just read and have never signed up.
    Dan Williamson
    B&C Honey Farm http://www.flickr.com/photos/9848229@N05/

Question

>I believe (without reading the manual) it means the total number of members that accessed the board in that one day time period.

Quote Originally Posted by Ann View Post
    Yes, that's what it means.
    If that was what it meant then the number would go up AND down from day to day. So far it only goes up.

It must mean the total numbers that have accessed the board in a certain time period, perhaps month (s) ?

There are two statistics there.

Most users ever online was 112, 03-20-2007 at 09:46 PM. (largest number of users logged on at one time)

Currently Active Users: 42 (15 members and 27 guests) (who is online right now as I'm posting, that'll change)

This set of stats is pretty standard for most boards.
    - Ann, a Gardening Beek

Lightbulb

Oh, I see. Your confusing CURRENTLY active members (those on line right now) with ACTIVE MEMBERS, which stands at 677. As I noted earlier, active members does not go down, only up. My original question was what constitutes an Active Member, not how many active members are on line right now.

You have to look at the next block of stats just below where you were looking to see Active Members.

Ah, yes, I see what you're after. There must be a threshold, some amount of time since your last post, that keeps you in the active member listing. There are usually tons of people who sign up to forums and then never post. Or there's those lovely members who sign up just to post disgusting spam (I daily clean out a forum I moderate of the nastiest stuff). But that's a whole 'nother story!
    - Ann, a Gardening Beek