Hybrid View

Default Using the new forum controls

I hope that those of you who aren't used to this type of forum software get used to using the controls, especially the quote function. As I read through the older threads, not using that function makes things very hard to read as the old '>' used by many didn't translate here very well. All you need to do is [*quote]put copied text here[*/quote] (omitting the '*', I had to use that to make the quote controls show) instead of using the old brackets if you're entering your quote manually.

If you go into your User CP and select Edit Options, you can get the WYSIWYG editor, which will give you all the formatting controls for text size, color, links, images (not functional yet, per Barry). New start to a great forum, Barry, thank you muchly for the change!
    - Ann, a Gardening Beek

All the extra features I'll go through in detail and get set properly after the major settings are addressed.

I would like members to post here, any problems they experience, or functions not working, or tips on how to use, etc. This will help me to know what needs to be addressed, in time.

Moderators:
    Please note your moderation controls (pull down) at the bottom of every page within your forum. Every posted message has a check box, top right, that allows you to select it, or several, and apply an action with the drop box. I'm trying to get the moderator names to show up. Urrgh!

- Barry

<<I hope that those of you who aren't used to this type of forum software get used to using the controls, especially the quote function.>>

As long as it's not abused. I had the quote function turned off on the old board for that reason. If people start quoting the entire contents of previous posts, I'll disable it. We should be very selective with what we include in the quotes. If we are, then the quote function is a great tool.

I'm old school and will probably stick with using > or << >>

Regards,
    Barry

In the past I have gotten to beesource.com by entering that address and now I can't. How should I get here without having to search for it?
    Mark Berninghausen To combat Ebola, please consider supporting http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    <<I hope that those of you who aren't used to this type of forum software get used to using the controls, especially the quote function.>>

As long as it's not abused. I had the quote function turned off on the old board for that reason. If people start quoting the entire contents of previous posts, I'll disable it. We should be very selective with what we include in the quotes. If we are, then the quote function is a great tool.

I'm old school and will probably stick with using > or << >>

Regards,
    Barry
    That's still snipping (to post a quote), Barry. I guess if you don't want to use the tools, then....:confused: If you're going to snip just what you want to respond to and put brackets around it, it's not that much more effort to put the quote /quote in brackets around it. Makes for neater reading. That's all I meant.

The unconventional quoting methods have made a mess of some posts in the move. Strange character collections have replaced the brackets or whatever else was used by the poster and it makes it hard to get their meaning (and these are the good informational posters who I still have much to learn from).

I'm on quite a few forums and this one is the only one with posters who are completely against any change in the way they post. I guess I'm so used to using VB code I type my answers using it without even using the formatting buttons. I'll be quiet about it now.
    - Ann, a Gardening Beek

Default What's the "infraction" feature?

Hey Barry,
    Beauty on the new board! Thanks for all you do. What's the scoop with the "infraction" icons?
    Bees, brews and fun
    in Lyons, CO

I tried to give you one but got the message -

"You are not allowed to give warnings or infractions to Moderators."

So, I guess you can't have one, sorry.
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

My screen shows . . .

You Last Visted 01-01-1970

I have been away, but not that long