Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Mann Lake

8K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  honeyman46408 
#1 ·
Always looks for a way to reduce shipping costs IME. Saved me almost $60 on my last order compared to what the website estimated.

#9 ·
I have had a range of exeriences with Mann Lake, mostly good. I don't believe overall the quality is as good as Dadant, especially veils, smokers, and gloves. Do not buy the budget bee gloves if you are going to do much work in them. Overall the service is good although they once left me waiting several days for cell cups because they were out of the color that I told them I preferred and they weren't able to get ahold of me so they just did nothing. It should be pointed out that while Mann Lakes frames are a bit cheaper their foundation is a bit higher. Mann Lake maintains that theirs is better but the Dadant plasticell has worked very well for me.

#12 ·
I have bought alot mann lake, just one time when I bought a lot of deeps and mediums from the I have a few that wasnt milled wright (4 out of 50), when I put them together the side's was 1/8 higher than the ends, but it was no biggy for me just put them on a flat wood sander and then was straight. thats the only thing I didnt like but everything else was top notch, will buy from them agin!!!

#13 ·
I have purchased a few items from B&B and we also book all of our syrup through them. Can't say anything bad about them they have been very accomodating to me.

#14 ·
OOPS honeyman got me thinking and I stand corrected it was the Dadant lighter weight gloves we were unhappy with glad to hear the Mann Lake ones are good, I may have to try some. I think their veils are good just not as good as Dadants and I must also say that I have not tried the new Mann Lake smokers with the yellow bellows they might be all right I am guessing that they made some needed changes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.