Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Wax Pricing

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  ChellesBees 
#1 ·
If I go to all the trouble of melting down my beeswax into 1LB sizes what would be the average price I could get for it at farmer's markets?

And is the 1LB size the way to go or would it be better to do 1oz sizes?

#7 ·
Chellesbees, you need get out of your (inlaws) protected neighborhood and get down and meet the brothers. In 2000 there were approx. 586 non-white race individuals living in the 5.7 square mile area that is Fairfield. They are real people who have dreams just like you and me. Healthy family, good job, fair treatment, friends - all of it. They just do it in a different hair style. By 2021 we wasps will be the minority in the USA, now is a good time to make friends with all the neighbors, their hair, and hey, lets sell em some beeswax too!

#8 ·
The culture clash in Fairfield is scary. There is a transcendental meditation group that bought an old college there. The Maharishi school of Business management or something like that. They are building their own city just north of Fairfield called Vedic City. They wanted to print their own currency too, but that got vetoed. (Fortunatly) It isn't a race thing, probably more of a religion/culture thing. Very new age type stuff. It wouldn't be so bad except that Fairfield is such a depressed area right now.

I've only been to Iowa city (actually Coralville)a couple times-it is the closest mall and shopping other than Wal-Mart. I just have never seen anyone with dreadlocks there. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in DesMoines, or Davenport, or even Burlington, but I think they would surprise me in Iowa city.(or in Fairfield)
It's sort of like where I live. We are outside the Twin Cities and while dreadlocks are not common here, they wouldn't surprise me, but when I go north of Duluth to the place I used to live-I would be really surprised to see dreadlocks there. Just because it is such a conservative area, I wouldn't expect to see Mohawks or pink hair or multiple piercings there either.

I would think (and I am just guessing) that for candlemaking you would be better off with the pound blocks. probably do some of each. With all the amish type tourist stops-you might find a candle maker who is interested. Maybe there would be a market in the Amana Colonies?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.