I'm a definite newbee so I don't know that I'm qualified, but I'm giving a power point presentation on TBH's at our local beekeepers association meeting tonight. I got tired of the blank stares or misinformed comments when I mentioned I had a TBH, so I decided to give a little presention on what I had learned about them and my experience so far. Wish me luck!

good luck!

Hi Deehovey,

Make sure you have a non-computerized backup plan. I hadn't done any public speaking in over a decade and decided to use some computer technology when asked to talk about bees there.

I gave a powerpoint presentation in North Carolina. I'd run through it several times on different computers without any problems. When I got to NC, I tried the first couple of slides with borrowed equipment. All was well. But after the third slide, none of my animations worked.

This rendered the powerpoint aspect of my presentation almost worthless, as I used animation to convey detailed information. And each slide represented a new topic. So, I could only go from topic to topic. But couldn't present any topic detail.

I didn't realize what had happened at first. And it really disoriented me to the point where I couldn't even follow my printed copy of the presentation.

And it really entertained the audience, as I fumbled around. I felt like a deer in the headlights of a car when my muscles and brain responded in that same way.

Enjoy! Hope you have a great presentation free from any problems. And best regards from an ex-powerpoint user and now, thankfully again, an ex-public speaker.

Regards
    Dennis

My backup will be OH Well, try again next month!!! It's just a small local meeting so if things don't go well I will just reschedule.

Hope that your presentation "blows their hair back" and goes smoothly!
    "Younz" have a great day, I will.

The presentation went well and I got some good responses. Mostly it was positive. I didn't get the impression that anyone was going to run out and build one, except maybe the teenage kid who is in his first year of keeping bees. I thought I saw some wheels turning there. Anyway, I think it went well.

Would you be willing to share your powerpoint presentation? I am a teacher in Culinary Arts and have been doing a small lecture on beekeeping to my students with honey tasting, showing honey combs etc. I would love to see how you brought that material into power point.

It was a very large file as I didn't really resize alot of my original photos. I don't really have anywhere online I can place a file that large and it did not e-mail very easily either.

deehovey

sent you a PM

Dave

Thanks for trying, Dee. I know how large those files can get with pictures.