what is the best feeding method for a tbh ? hive tops don't fit my ktbh and i have a very strong hive so i don't want to us an entrance feeder , i tried and it started a robbing situation . i removed it and reduced the opening . any suggestions ?

Baggie feeders in the bottom work really well . Alternatively, take jar of feed with a couple of holes - just like an entrance feeder, but put it up on a couple of sticks so the bees can get underneath.

KEith
    Bee Sting Honey - So Good, It Hurts!

I'll second the baggie feeders. I use a quart of sugar syrup in a one gallon bag, and cut some small slits in it after I put it in the hive.

This spring, when I was starting out, I made the mistake of filling the bag with syrup and then cutting the slits. Needless to say, I flooded my hive with sugar syrup.

I just started feeding a split I made from my swarm-happy hive. I hope they can build up enough before fall.

I made a reuseable feeder. I got one of those plastic 1 quart yogurt containers that is wider than it is tall and put several strips of 2 inch wide screening going from the bottom of the container and up the sides then folded over the top to secure. I poured my sugar syrup in that and then placed a circular cut-out piece of bubble wrap slightly smaller than the diameter of the container. I placed this in back of the TBH. I had nary a bee casualty with this method and refilling was a snap.

Check out my website. I built a "miller type feeder/vent for my TBH.
    Dale Richards<br />Dal-Col Apiaries<br />