I'm new to beekeeping and I'm trying one of each type of hive, Lang and TBH (I'm a science teacher and cronic experimenter). I had one of my students build me a TBH I designed based on several websites for his spring shop class project and he did a pretty good job, but the body does not meet the SBB very well. Should I seal the crack along the bottom with something? If so, what would be best? Thanks for the help.
    Kristal

Need a little more info. How much of a gap? Is SBB a seperate item than TBH body or built togather? less than 1/8" weight down with cinder block a few days and see if box will correct itself. Bees will seal up that much of a gap anyhow. If is a 1/4" or more they will use it as an entrance. between the two its a coin toss. Sometimes they will seal it up, some times they will chew it open wide enough to use as entrance.
    All depends on their mood.

The body is attached to the bottom board. The gap is about 1/8 of an inch. I runs nearly the lenth of the body on both sides.
    Kristal

If attached I'd get a good wood filler and fill in from the outside. That should take care of it.

There is no need to fill cracks in a bee hive. If they need to be filled the bees will fill them.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Thanks so much for you help and advice!
    Kristal