Which race of bees tend to do better in TBHs?
    I built two TBHs this year, too late to catch any swarms for them...so...I'd like to start fresh with a package...but which does better in TBHs?
    I am in Tennessee, need to order some packages for next year.
    Can anyone recommend nearby sources, hopefully with email or web pages, no more than a state away, say, for package bees?
    I used to use York, but they are apparently out of business now.
    Not married to the idea of Italians necessarily, have some experience with caucasians, but have had good luck with Italians in the past. Additional disease resistance would be a plus, however.
    Thanks in advance for any advice, recommendations, plugs, etc!
    -Roy

I have had no particular race that does well, but comb building is a genetic thing. Some queens just have the genetics that their workers build nice straight combs. Others have the genetics to build wild varying comb. This trait is true with or without frames and foundation. You'll get bees that will make a mess of foundation and others that build nice regular combs.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

I;m glad to hear that, I captured a feral swarm, dark bees, very gentle for some reason, but built really wild comb on foundation, even. So, I may not have done anything wrong...

It's late for this year, but try to feed the empty bars in between nicely drawn brood combs and they will tend to draw them much nicer than when they are out in the "open".
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF