Hi all,
I installed packages on April 3rd in 2 top bar hives. One got off to a rough start and at least 2/3 of the bees drifted to the other. Both hives are queenright, and have eggs, larvae and capped brood. One has comb on 11 bars already, 5 bars completely built, and is growing like crazy. The weak hive has comb on only 6 bars none of it full size yet. I want to take some brood from the strong hive and put it in the weak one. The problem(if it is a problem) is that the brood is mostly on the full size combs, and I want to slip one of these into the center of the built combs on the weak hive. As this comb is bigger than that in the weak hive and the weak hives combs are all built to the right of center some of the brood will be exposed and some probably lost. Is this a problem, should I wait another week or so? Or just wait and see if it can catch up by itself?
What are your opinions?