Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guest Speaker

The small cell and the breeding program are two totally different programs. I believe she was referring to the breeding program when talking about the increase in hygenic behavior and increase in brood productivty. I believe the small cell program is in it's infancy, and the breeding program has been going on since 2001 or 2002.

Yuleluder is right, two different studies and the sc study just started last fall. The sc study is still young and hasn’t gotten very far. At this point we’re trying to confirm that sc is having some type of, (good, bad, or no) effect on mites. Afterwards we can move on to other research that can answer why or why not. I haven’t re-read the log but I’m sure Jennifer gave little or no results from the sc study. There just isn’t enough data to provide any reliable information. From what I remember all results were from the breeding program.

BB

As Billy B and Yuleluder point out, there were two different studies that Jennifer was talking about. In review of the log, there were some timing issues between inbound questions and outbound answers. Its easy to see how it might get confused.

"The greatest increases have come with hy. beh and brood prod. Starting with 60% hy. Beh--(Jen)"

She's referring to the queen breeding program with this answer. I believe that the original colonies averaged about 60% hygienic behavior, i.e. they removed 60% of capped brood within 24 hours of being killed using a liquid nitrogen treatment....on average. She indicates that her present breeder average is higher.

"and now we are seeing 90% and better--(Jen)"

[size="1"][ January 30, 2007, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: beemandan ][/size]
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

Wink

Well hello Dan...Maybe we could meet up in the chat room one night and trade stories about EAS last year. Tell jbee I said hello

BB

[size="1"][ January 30, 2007, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: Billy Bob ][/size]

Hi to ya Bill. I don't know if we're likely to meet up in the chat room. Looking at the time stamp on your message....10:43PM....I'm thinkin' that by that hour I'm usually hanging out with mr pillow. I expect that we're gonna bump into one another over the next couple of months as things start to jump in beeland...though we will probably be too busy complaining about our backs to revisit EAS adventures.
    See ya

[size="1"][ February 01, 2007, 06:50 AM: Message edited by: beemandan ][/size]
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

Got a question for yaw. I have talked with a few of you since we had Jennifer here. And is seems that quite a few weren't able to get in easily the night of the meeting. I haven't spoken with anyone that said they couldn't or just gave up trying.

I'm wondering just how bad the problem was? If it is worse than we may believe it to be? We've not heard an outcry if it was a problem.

Please let us know! There is a cap on the number of members allowed in at any given time. And under normal conditions it is more than sufficient. But we don't want to keep anyone away for special events!

We also don't want to pay for something that isn't needed.....like adding users. That's NOT a problem if it's needed though.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12