Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avatars

Hey everybody,

We're looking for some avatars, that have a beekeeping type theam. If you have any and would be willing to give them to the chat room we could sure use them.

They need to be less than 25kbs. you can email them to me: ffowens2001 at yahoo dot com

Thanks

BB

[size="1"][ December 26, 2006, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Billy Bob ][/size]

Hi Billy B how's it goin'?
    I suppose that I'm going to have to bite.
    What is an avatar?
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

Beemandan, I'm not BB, but if you go to the beemaster site, an avatar is that moronic little picture under the poster's name that flashes at you to distract you from your reading. They are the reason I never joined the forum at beemaster.

Well, kind of. They can also be symbols or pics like iddee said. The great thing about the Beesource Chat Room (which is a million times better than the beemaster site, iddee i can't believe you compared us to them) is you can disable the avatars. Which means if you’re like iddee you don’t have to look at them if you don’t want to.

If you log into the chat room we have several avatars that you can use. If you don’t see them beside someones name it is either because they have never picked one or you have not enabled the avatars. In order enable them right click on the chat window and select the avatars.

BB

If I can disable them, I apologize for the comparison. [img]smile.gif[/img] I will sign in tonight and see if I am computer savvy enough to figure out how it's done. :confused:

>I will sign in tonight and see if I am computer savvy enough to figure out how it's done.

Hoo boy, that oughta be good for a few laughs. I should pop in too..
    Dulcius ex asperis

George, I don't think the chat room could take us both at once. It would probably blow a fuse and shut down.

It just blew a fuse and now the chat room is completely empty.

Remind me to send a raspberry in the general direction of N.C. and Maine.

Least you could do is apologize for what you did. You could hang your head a bit and scuff your toe in the dirt too.

I need to take some pics of bees tomorrow and send in a couple of good snips of a queen and some brood or something. We need a good queen bee avatar!

Darrel Jones

For the uninformed,the avatars can be disabled at the beemaster sight also. I don't think the best feature of your own sight is to bash the other when I know a lot of people read and post to both sights.
    As for a million times better I'm not sure as Beemasters comes up first in all the search engines, indicating more traffic. People should seek info in as many places as possible to come up with the best answers sometimes.

#1...I don't see how anyone could be silly enough to see "his tongue in cheek" wise crack to me as bashing anyone.

#2...I tried to disable the avatars on beemaster, but was not successful. Could you give step by step directions, please.

>Remind me to send a raspberry in the general direction of N.C. and Maine.

What's that sound?

>Least you could do is apologize for what you did.

Huh? Wah? Me? I'm innocent! I was framed! I got a flat tire! I ran outa gas!

>George, I don't think the chat room could take us both at once.

Nonsense iddee. We'd make a good tag team... good beek, bad beek. We could take turns! We'd have `em rolling on the floor!

George-
    Dulcius ex asperis

You've got me there now, George.

Life is everyone's choice. You can live it prim & proper, or you can relax and enjoy it. I shed wisecracks like water on a duck's back. I'm going to enjoy life if it kills me.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

"Now back to our regularly scheduled program."

Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

>I'm going to enjoy life if it kills me.

An admirable philosophy iddee, one I subscribe to myself! Life's too short as it is to waste a moment being angry, mad, upset, insulted, hurt, unhappy, annoyed, distraught, depressed, bitter, spiteful, vindictive, cheerless, dispirited, mirthless, sad, despondent, gloomy, dejected.... Ok, Ok, I'll shutup [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Dulcius ex asperis

George, you should really come on over. iddee can use all the help he can muster!!!

If y'all want to take pics and send em over for use as Avatars. You will need to get em down to 24x24. .jpg always works.

If you don't have software to render em down that small, you can send em to me and I'll take care of em. (No nude bees please!!)

bizzybeega@bellsouth.net
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

>George, you should really come on over. iddee can use all the help he can muster!!!

I'm behind iddee all the way, just as far behind him as I can get...

>24x24

Woof. That's small..
    Dulcius ex asperis

>What is an avatar?

>an avatar is that moronic little picture under the poster's name that flashes at you to distract you from your reading.

They are indeed.

>They are the reason I never joined the forum at beemaster.

Ahhh! But the forum software has been upgraded, Now you can set your preferences so that you don't have to see those silly little things. That also speeds things up for those of us still on 20th century dial-up internet.

Yup True Yup

I am a member over at Bee Master. But never frequent the site. So I'm not even going to try to critique the site. I hear some good things about it. But I find plenty of good things here as well.

Yes, the upgrade that allows Avatars in our chat room, also allows them to be turned off by the user that finds them annoying. But, no they don't flash! I couldn't stand that myself I believe.

Yep, way behind him George!!! He saw fit to "Trash" we Georgians last night. I don't think I like him anymore. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Bad iddee!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

Sounds like you read things like Beebuzz above. I didn't trash georgians. I just spanked a deserter from NC that ran off to another state.

I keep beemaster in my favorites and visit now and then, for as long as I can stand those "expletive" flashing avatars. It seems to be a decent site, but I never liked strobe lights to begin with, and certainly not when I'm trying to read.

Fusion? Yes please send your "Queen BEE" avatar!!! WOuld love to "greet" you at least once with that, one day. LOL WInk buddy! Chat is fun and we all need to remember its a place to have fun and discuss our ways and learning between us, with respect. YEs a bit less structured, but VERY informative as all us individuals have our additions as beeks or learn to discuss opinions. Soo cool!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast