Hello All!

We are making some changes to the chat room. Adding some new logos and changing some colors.

In addition we just upgraded as well. This is going to help us when we have guest speakers.

We have a few more things to change before bizzy and I are done. When you get a chance stop by and have a look, then tell us what you think.

I think you'll like it!

BB

Very colorful and cheery! The visual changes are nice.

Question: Does the honeycomb background stay as is when Chat is active?
    If so, my only suggestion would be to try to lighten it up quite a bit... faded out. For this sight challenged user it is more difficult to read the words over the honeycomb background.. gets kind of crossed up. If not, then I'll just work around it.
    To everything there is a season....

BB caught me in there last night reading the manual.

I agree with Mike, I had to darken my font so I could read my own text. Maybe some NEW foundation, (white) would make it easier to see the text.
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

Very nasty in Firefox. The background has GOT to go. I can read it but its not at all friendly to the eyes.

I am having a problem. I'm getting a very irritating mini window that is a java notice saying " # new messages have recently been posted to the chat room". where # is the current number of posts. This window snaps up each time a post is made.

Darrel Jones

"Question: Does the honeycomb background stay as is when Chat is active?"

We just fugured out they ahould have used small cell
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

As fusion power says, the little window pops up every time someone posts. When it does, the curser moves out of the typing box until you close the window. Takes 3 times or more typing a word before you can get it done between the window popups.

Ok folks. All is well. For now I have set the background to white again. And the annoying notification popup is gone.

This is a work of art in progress.

Come back and post here if you are having problems. I'll keep a watch out for them.

Bizzy
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

One more thing. We now have Avatars in the chat room. But, it seems that Internet Explorer has problems using them. It's not a chat room issue.

Firefox doesn't have a problem with them. So if it matters to you and you would like to use them, you will need to use Firefox. I haven't checked the other Mozilla browsers, but they may work as well?

If some one knows what is up with IE and would like to share, please do.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

Oops!

Well I just got back in from a very long day. Sorry for the mess up. I'll lighten up the foundation, and I didn't know anything about the pop up window...Thanks Bizzy for setting things right.

Ok folks, Looks like everything is normal once again. Billy Bob got back in and lightened up the foundation background so it doesn't clash with the text. Nice job BB!

Also, if you are using IE. You can right click in the chat window and set some options there. You can look them over and see for yourself what can be done. One of those things is enabling Avatars.

Custom Avatars are still up in the air for now. But will be looked into.

We are working on setting up for guest speakers as Billy said above. So be watching the Chat Room posts in the near future for more updates. We are planning on getting started up in January.

As for the browsers? Try what you have, they should all work. There are differences between them, that goes without saying. It's more about preference than anything else.

That all being said, please do log in and put it through it's paces. We like what we see. How about you? Let us know!

OK guys back to the drawing board is says that I need a moderator present to use the room wazup wit dat??
    Here it is 6:37 AM and Iddee and I cant chat

Or mabee you have the honeyman blocker on :confused:
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

I guess it went private, Ed. No longer a public forum. I guess we didn't pay our membership dues. :confused: [img]smile.gif[/img]

I have set up two rooms now. One is "The Hive" which is the main room, (use to be called Chat Lobby). The other is called "The Cluster". This secone room should now be the moderated room where we will have guest speakers.

Log back in and try it now. If it still gives you trouble come back and let me know.

BB

Ok, I just tried it and it worked fine.

Like I said you should log into "The Hive" and all will work as it should.

BB

It works now.
    Thanks

The "honeycomb" background is much better.

It would not hurt my feelings a bit if you lighten it up even more. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I liked the white background Biz had on it last night. But I'm only one. Most members seem to like a background.

Thanks for the input guys. It seemed that everyone like the background last night, if I get more request to lighten I will. But for now it will stay the same.

If you're still having problem seeing you can always change the size of the font by right clicking on the text window and adjusting as needed.

You also have the option to float the chat window. Then you can Maximize the window and make the text even larger if needed.

BB

> "you can always change the size of the font by right clicking on the text window and adjusting as needed."

Thanks Billy Bob! I changed the font face to Arial Black and that did the trick for me. What a difference.