I wish spring would get here!!! I cant wait until next season. It will truely be my first full year of beekeeping. I have read so many books and articals on beekeeping. I hope I am ready. I have most of the equipment. I already have one hive I bought fully established in late July because I couldnt imagen me without bees so I HAD to have them!!!

Next year.... i am so excited!!! I will hopefully have ten more hives and some more equipment.

This is so fun.

I do miss my girls though.... they are at my parents in their backyard and I am working and staying an hour away.

this might sound weird but I call my parents all the time to see how the bees are doing.

My girlfriend and I decided that I get to spend as much on my bees as she does on her cats. I even took a part time job out in the evening time to pay for this habit of fun.

I hope the winter over well.

my father is building me an observation hive for my birthday. Fun Fun!!!

I even find some time to work on my "honey logo" that i will use.

Not sure if I will get any honey next year but I cant wait to see!!!!!

Every drop will be so special.

I hope I am not the only one so impatient!!

Jumping right into eh?
    Ten hives is a nice manageable number.

I'm sure you will do fine.
    What impresses me is that you are doing the research before hand. Keep reading and reading. You'll know what you're getting into before hand. So many others don't,
    they go out buy a bunch of stuff, get all set up, the bees die and then they lose interest. Then you see it all on ebay.

There's a wealth of information available here and on line.
    When in doubt - ask a question.
    Have you joined a local club?

The Honey House:

I have joined a few clubs but most of them around where I live are not organized at all or they are closed due to lack of members. I have chosen one that I am planning on attending soon. It is a little out of the way but I heard it was good.

I try to study before going into anything. I do not have a lot of money to spend on useless stuff so I like to make sure if I am going into it, I TRUELY want to.

Plus since I got into it late this season, i do not have much to do so I have been reading a lot and helping other beekeepers take off their crop. I have my note book all set up and my hive managment calendar all ready so I know what to do each season.

Now I am trying to get a handle on the nectar and pollen flows in my area. I am also trying to see who will let me keep bees on their land next season.

I love it so far!