Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

my 1st crop - mmmm good

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  angela 
#1 ·
Thanks to all the helpful people on this forum!!! My first year hives, from which I wasn't expecting any surplus honey, just gave me 20 pounds. It is dark and rich and I am thrilled to have it. It's been a crazy year in the beeyard, but it's all been worth it - now I have to make it thru the winter-

thanks again for all the help and wisdom found here-

#3 ·
Congrats Angela

This was my first year to eat my own honey too.

It's too good to describe. I guess the best thing is that using my honey with fresh lemon juice has healed my daughters of illnesses. Made me feel very proud of the bees.

#4 ·
careful there Angela and Daisy, you will give me hope

I am very, very happy for you. I am looking forward to my first crop. It makes me happy to see this post.

I got near a hive for the first time yesterday when I helped Medicate about 25 hives. I got stung three times when we gathered two swarm's
. kinda made me feel real good to work with them.
Nathaniel

#7 ·
>oh yeah Daisy - I have a nasty cold right now - any remedies you know of?

Go in a sauna, sweat lodge, steam room etc. Get it as hot as you can possibly stand it for as long as you can possibly stand it and then take a break for a few minutes. Repeat for a total of four times. It always works for me and all the American Indians and nordic people swear by it too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.