Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

>so why don't you listen to all of us beekeepers that are doing Small cell succesfully

It's mass hysteria. The hundreds of us who think our bees are alive and not being treated are actually hallucinating.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

see Michael
    that's why you never get stung
    those are imaginary bee's out there in those boxes [img]smile.gif[/img]
    and that's imaginary honey on your toast

Dave

>that's why you never get stung
    those are imaginary bee's out there in those boxes

I see! That's why they are so gentle and productive!
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

>>It's mass hysteria. The hundreds of us who think our bees are alive and not being treated are actually hallucinating.<<

Oh my........someone tainted my honey with drugs because i do actually believe my small cell hives are doing great with no treatments......please let me know where I can get my honey tested for drugs...........no wait....maybe the hallucinations came from the honey that I got from a friend that uses checkmite strips........maybe.......all that store bought honey that Finman sells is LOADED with chemicals from all those mite treatments and that is causing me to believe that my PURE honey from my NON treated hives is so good and my bees are doing great on small cell....

No really, Finman why don't you listen to your fellow keepers who are doing small cell with success and learn how to do it right from us and then convert a few hives for yourself so that you can see the great succeses that we enjoy of raising CHEMICAL FREE bees and honey.......

[size="1"][ May 02, 2006, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: Flewster ][/size]
    You have to stop and smell the roses......but please watch out for my bees.
    www.johnwaynehoney.com

That was an obnoxious post.

I guess a large, delicious-tasting apple is not possible, given that the propensity in nature is for apples to be small and astringent-tasting.

I guess we shouldn't have wasted our time trying to breed large, delicious-tasting apples.
    Southeast PA - 7 colonies, local mutts on natural comb, TF
    George Imirie's INDEXED Pink Pages: http://goo.gl/WiZUH3

>No really, Finman why don't you listen to your fellow keepers who are doing small cell with success and learn how to do it right from us and then convert a few hives for yourself so that you can see the great succeses that we enjoy of raising CHEMICAL FREE bees and honey.......<

Enjoy great success? Let me know if you get several years' average honey yield 160 lbs. My honey is chemical free. We have pure nature here.

I looked just now how largest bees have foraged best in my yard. My best hives have 5 langstroth boxes now and dandelion and apple trees are finishing their blossom.

> Enjoy great success?

There's more to success than "chemical free honey". There's also bee health. Most everyone talking that I hear are aware of the damage the chemicals do to the fecundity of the queen.

> Let me know if you get several years' average honey yield 160 lbs.

I'm not sure the beeks here that use chemicals get that average. My point is that it is apples and oranges for me to compare my average annual yeilds to yours. Now if I compare my average annual yeilds to the fella across the street who's on chemicals, then I'm making a good comparision of honey production.

Then again, maybe not. Perhaps the chemicals will mask some poor beekeeping practices or even vice versa. So a better comparision would be for one person to do a side-by-side test themself. However, this is always recommended here, but a challenge rarely accepted.

It didn't take 10 minutes for the State Apiary Inspector talking last week for him to get to the point that chemicals are only short-term bandages for problems that won't go away. But then, we do like the bandages don't we? Gives us something to complain about each year when we have to perform the treatments and purchase the chemicals.

Saddly, those on small cell seem to have nothing to complain about regarding the pest, and so have to sulk off in the corner wishing they were in the chemical crowd.
    Waya
    WayaCoyote

> Enjoy great success? Let me know if you get several years' average honey yield 160 lbs.

As others have pointed out already, honey yield, even 160 lbs., is far from the most important factor for those of us in this forum. The entire "hive mind" or well being of the colony is as much important as any honey yield. I haven't taken any honey (by choice)from my bees for the last four years, yet I have healthy bees that are thriving with zero chemicals and drugs.

I rarely say much anymore regarding SC or biological beekeeping. I have no need to prove what is working. I guess it's a different language than what some are use to.

Regards,
    Barry
    Regards, Barry

I have worked 14 years in town hall as environmental protection planner. I have studied chemistry and plant physiology in University and I know a little bit about "material issues".

Chemicals are varroa is my friend. Varroa killed feral bees from my country. It is really easy now to breed bees here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12