I have 2 brood boxes ready to go onto my hives..both are 4.9 wired..should I
    1..put the new box on top of the old box and let them move up on their on or..
    2... put the new box on the bottom and fume them down and then put a queen excluder on top of the 4.9 box??thanks!!
    Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store not a government agency

It really doesn't matter to the bees. It's easier to add on the top and easier to check if they've filled it on the top.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

10-4!!
    Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store not a government agency

also..I have a plastic drone trapping frame in my bottom brood box now..do i need to move it up to the box where the sc is?thanks!!

I'd leave it in the bottom box until you have some brood in the top box. They won't be very willing to rear drones in an empty box. But I would move it up after there is brood in the top box because I don't want to lift the box everytime I need to check the drone brood.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF