Hi All! Another chance to show my ignorance. I have been looking up different types of honey bees and ran across the name Yurii N. Kulikoff as an author. He seems to be a huge proponent of bees naturally building their immune system to battle all these maladays we have. As some of you know I don't have bees yet and my kit is on backorder. I have the materials and am starting to build a TBH. After reading Dr. Kulikoff's notes and Michael Bush's inputs here and other forums I am very determined to keep medicine to a minimum/if needed basis. I think we will have stronger and better bees by building their natural systems and that is the future I see. If we're not careful I see us having the same problems with bees as we have with ourselves (all the anti-bacterial stuff that is only making super bugs-no pun intended-that we cannot control). I plan on going with Russian because of their natural strengths. The reason I ask about Dr. Kulikoff because he has written a book; Russian Bees: Better Beekeeping, and I wonder if it is relevant to what we have here in America or only to the pure strains in Russia? I apologize for the soapbox. Thanks

notaclue
    I have looked and asked but i'm still in the dark.
    I found a web site. http://kulikoff.com/russianbees/
    but that is all.
    Do you have the book and where did you get it.
    thanks chris
    The truth is simple. If it where complicated everyone would understand it.

Chris!!!

Not yet, but I'm still trying. Wait...

Sorry... Medication makes me lose concentration alot. I had to check my email before I responded to you. I have been able to get ahold of his daughter. She says she had some books but they are sold out and he has since written two more and she hopes to get those in. I'm going to get her permission before I release any of her info. I am DEFINITELY going to try and get some more info on his new books and their price.
    I'm finally going to get the chance to put my smoker (when it comes in) where my mouth is. I have a bee call and there are two hives in the same house. (?) Thursday I should have bees!!! WHOOO HOOO! David

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you Chris. He does have two new books out, natural beekeeping and balanced life. Hopefully there will be some available this fall. I should know something, hopefully, in about a month. Thank you! David