Thread: Honey press

I would like to investigate equipment designed to press honeycomb and separate the honey from the wax and propolis. For the last six years we've been spinning honey out of combs, when liquid, or heating and separating honey and wax, when the honey has crystalized.

Here in the UK, a market exists for local honey from small beekeepers, and we suspect that people will pay a premium price for pressed honey. I've seen several fruit presses marketed as honeycomb presses. They don't look like something that would work very well in practice. I've also seen a commercial cappings press that uses a large screw mechanism, but the cost is far too high for a small beekeeper (~$10,000).

Can anyone point me toward a reasonably priced press designed for honeycomb?

Many thanks,
    HoneyBeeGod

http://www.brushymountainbeefarm.com....asp?pcode=742

Unfortunately they don't have the picture here, but it's in the paper catalog. It's a screw type press like a cider press.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

This may sound crazy...... but......

I've ofter thought about an old wringer
    washer mechanism. The rollers are adjustable
    from my memory. Cheap to be sure.

Like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wringer-Washer-M...QQcmdZViewItem

Paint it with CamCote and go.

The one at Brushy Mountain is on close out for $175. I hadn't seen one in the other mags, so if you ever thought about getting one, as in my case for brewing, now might be the best time to make the plunge.
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

I have a Fagger Conveyor, continuous honey recapturing system. Two conveyors pressing the honey out of the wax/honey mixture to be used off an uncapper. I believe Cooks and Beals picked up the design on this machine.
    Maybe not quite what your looking for, I got my used one for $2500 Canadian.

I have also seen some kind of an auger system, but dont have any information on that system. Works okay.

[size="1"][ February 27, 2007, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: Ian ][/size]
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com