Question

I have finished making about 50 SBB's out of treated lumber. Is there any benefit in boiling treated wood?

I don't mind doing it but am concerned that I might contaminate my para/rosin.

Last question, have they taken the arsenic out of the treated wood?
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

The only part I get concerned with treating
    on "treated" wood it the cuts.

The new treated woods are arsenic free, at
    least they are supposed to be. I think they
    are labeled AC2 or something like that.

>Is there any benefit in boiling treated wood?

I don't think so.

>I don't mind doing it but am concerned that I might contaminate my para/rosin.

That would be my concern. Most lumber treatments are an insecticide to keep the termites out.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

BB... I stay away from boiling the treated wood. Maybe it wouldn't hurt but when you have $600 worth of paraffin/rosin sitting in the tank I can't afford to contaminate it and have to dispose of it.

I have used some treated lumber for ground contact things but I install it after I dip. Mostly I just don't use it.

You might be fine... I just don't have the $$ to risk it with my tank.
    Dan Williamson
    B&C Honey Farm http://www.flickr.com/photos/9848229@N05/

I promised to post pictures of the blowers on our tank and then forgot. Sorry. Just posted 3 pictures here http://00414ca.netsolhost.com/inform...turesmisc.html
    When Mike added the second blower, amazing results. The tank heats in just a couple of hours instead of nearly half a day. We get to lower the heat to keep it at 350 degrees. The higher temps helps the solution penetrate better, less wax buildup.
    We picked up the blowers at various garage sales, but we looked in the Granger catalog first. The blower in the pipe was to direct it, the blower covered too wide of an area. The other was more directed, like a hair dryer.