Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

>If you're talking about the foundation buckling top-to-bottom in the frame, YES, I've had that too. As I was having that happen anyway when I went to unwired SC foundation, I started trimming off 3/4 inch.

Yes, this is what I was talking about. Probably with crimp wired foundation, it would be more noticable. The crimp wires have a curve to them anyway, and will maintain that curve and comb will be drawn out with a curve. Using your unwired, SC foundation, with 3/4" cut off is like what I do with cut comb foundation. The weight of the bees on it as they draw it out on a flow helps keep it straight.

I use my car battery charger to heat the wires to embed the foundation. Set the charger to the two amp setting. I also put in a switch so that I can apply the current in a controlled manner. A deep with four wires, takes about three or four seconds to a frame

>I use my car battery charger. Set the charger to the two amp setting.

If you have a 6v setting on your charger, use that. 12v will fry the wires.

Funny embedder story...

Had an employee from Peru. Don't think he had quite a handle on how things...like electricity from an outlet...work. He was the kind of employee that was always trying to figure out how to make things work better. Trouble with that, was you have to understand how something works, before you can improve it.

Anyway, he figured that using a transformer with my embedding device was too slow. Of course, you know what he did...yep...stuck the wires of the embedder directly into the wall outlet! Energize!!

Made quite the explosion. Did you ever see a cartoon character that just had his cigar blown up? That was Pedro.

Hi Michael,
    If you can set the batery charger to the 2 amp or lower setting, 12vdc will not fry the wires. Set at 6amps or higher it sure will.

If I am embedding a two wire super I will add about two feet of #20ga wire (insulated) in series to bring the resistance up so as to slow down the embeddng process.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12