Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Box joint machine??

30K views 35 replies 20 participants last post by  Cleo C. Hogan Jr 
#1 ·
Is there such a thing as a box joint cutting machine that's set up with multiple cutters so the cut only requires a single pass to cut all the joints at once?

#31 ·
HEV261.... Actually what the video shows is that it makes cuts in pieces of wood.

There is a lot more to making bee boxes than just making a box joint. For instance, the joints must line up. There has to be an overlap on the long side. How much blowout is there on the 2d cut, (the one made after the rotation of the wood). How much maintenance is required. How difficult is it to sharpen or replace one or more dados. What is expected life of the dados and the motor.

The unit looks great, but, I too would want to "test fire" it before purchase.

cchoganjr

#32 ·
That machine has very low maintenance 2 main bearings to grease like any other machine. The motor is a Leeson industrial motor. The cutters are carbide so no need to remove blades and sharpen. If you break a tip you put a new carbide piece on it that cost $3.50.Machine cuts the short stub to fit into the dado cut for your frames. A customer from Idaho just cut 16000 cuts with machine for 2000 boxes with no problems.

#36 · (Edited)
JLR... Sounds good, and I agree, if it performs like that, it will be a game changer in making boxes.

Nice looking machine.

Is this the same machine that is demonstrated on U-Tube by Justin Cheeseman. The video and the machine looks identical. If you want to see the Cheeseman video, just search Justin Cheeseman and it will come up. If I can, I will attach a link to it.

Radar... Help me out. I am not able to post a link to his video of the machine.

cchoganjr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.