Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Golden Bee Suit

As the "Old Man" told me "they have sewer's and some of them lost their machines in the huricane and that i am just 1 of hundreds of customers that they have"
    I love my suit...but please be honest with customers..
    Curtis
    Curtis

Very likely... and perhaps its not as lucrative to do anymore for those that they depended on to sew. As we know some of them have yet to return and those that have, have plenty of choices of Jobs. At least in some areas down there its a simple economic fact.

Ok... your not going to believe this... nor is it fair... or explainable... but...

Today... I got my Suit. And... it fits... a tad snug but fits. And... I can really find nothing wrong with it but a few ends strings I had to burn and the Hood zipper is a tad stubborn to get that last little bit but yet thats a difficult curve to make and it does

Now... I got no explanation. I would look back up to the date I posted that I had sent the check. But overall its been no more than 2 weeks since ordering to arrival.

I can't begin to even tell you how guilty I felt when I saw this package from Golden Bee. And I of course figured it would not fit as it must be some kinda mistake. But yet... it does. But I would have to wonder if its really someones who happened to be my size that canceled an order. Or perhaps its an idication they are catching up and accidently got the orders in the wrong sequence.

My thrill is diminished somewhat by all those before me waiting.

But its a dam nice suit.

Added on edit: The day I was making out the check was June 5th. So it could not have been mailed until the next day. June 6th. And I would assume go there no sooner than June 8th or 9th. So its then is one week later. Go figure? I feel like I just won the lottery.

[size="1"][ June 16, 2006, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: cphilip ][/size]

You........ you.............. dam you!!!!!!

I'm glad you got yours so quickly. Mine must be extra special. It will be 3 months next week I believe.

Tried twice today to call but there was no answer. It was supposed to ship last week, and the week before that, and the week before that, and........

All this does is completely convince you that they are totaly disorganized.

Unless my theory is right and this is a suit made for someone that got mad and canceled and just happened to be my size.

Here is a crapy Phone cam picture of it. Forgot my good cam at work.

http://scoot.net/gallery/bbs/Goldenbeesuit.jpg

[size="1"][ June 16, 2006, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: cphilip ][/size]

You wrote:

"Ok... your not going to believe this... nor is it fair... or explainable... but...

Today... I got my Suit."

Another possibility is size. Is yours rather small? The lady told me earlier in the week that they were catching up on the ladies & "smaller men's sizes."

Lew
    (still patiently waiting; been about 5-6 weeks probably; sent money order instead of check hoping to expedite things so not sure of date sent).

[size="1"][ June 17, 2006, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: Lew Best ][/size]

Yes. That is the case. I am short. 5' 6".

But I don't quite understand why they would catch up on them in that order rather than construct them in the order they came in. Thats not good practice. However illogical that probably IS what they are doing. But it is not a good idea to do them like that. It probably takes not much difference in time to do one of any size. One would almost wonder if they have a shortage of material, or what they ahve is precut in some way or something.

Looks like they've given up answering the phone. Tried Thursday afternoon, several times yesterday, and just a few minutes ago with no luck. :confused: :confused:

I am going to sent a certified letter today to reinterate my size, address, check number and when it cleared (last March). If they can not ship in 2 weeks I want my money back. Perhaps I'll get one next year.

The more i read about how good the suit is the more i want one. However, im wondering how long the wait would be.
    I just tried calling them too, about a 1/2 hour ago, no answer.
    I would really like to see if they would like help making them or sell the business to me??
    I could just make one for myself if i knew what the material(s) are. My mother and i already have a seamstress & machine embroidery business.

Perhaps they have you on caller ID by now Bruce? "oh look Merv, its that guy from Nawth Dakowter again... don't answer!

The thing is quite complicated to make, Lots of curves and double material and probably needs a surger and several machine types to produce. That being said, once you see it close up, you do not doubt the cost as being reasonable. However.... the customer service is poor for most of you. But I doubt you could make a real killing off selling these things for 179 - 200 dollars like they do. It appears to be a good deal of labor.

Bruce I'll be phoning them again on Monday myself. I'm getting really tired of the BS story and it will be shipped next week line. If I don't get through I will be sending them certified letter asking for my money back. Enough is enough.

Jeff if they don’t send you your check or suit. I would report them to the postal inspection service. There is a selection for Merchandise – failure to provide. https://www.usps.com/postalinspector...dComplaint.htm They used to follow up with a letter to the merchant. I don’t know if they still do but if they do it will get Mr Lemoine’s attention.

Dee don’t waste your time. Mr. Lemoine will not work with you on this. Why do you think the patent hasn't been licensed to Dadant or someone else. Why buy into a business who’s main asset is a patent that is going to expire on January 22, 2008? Just start making suits and have them in stock and start selling them on January 23, 2008. The original suit used the open cell foam material that you see on some lawn-mowers filters. The current suit uses material similar to this to provide thickness. Here is your source of inner webbing. http://www.wellunique.com/f0.htm The fabric is used as a backer for carpet and doormats. It would be helpful if someone can confirm this is what their inner webbing looks like.

if you have the sewing machine that is used to produce quilted bed spreads, I would imagine you have all of the other equipment you need. I don’t know if you have looked these pictures. They show good details of the fabric layers and are from earlier in this thread.
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...0/100_3092.jpg
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...0/DSCF0025.jpg

[size="1"][ June 17, 2006, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: magnet-man ][/size]
    Home of the ventilated and sting resistant Ultra Breeze bee suits and jackets
    http://www.honeymoonapiaries.com

Speaking to a lady this evening that does custom sewing about this.

She is going to examine the suit tomorrow but when asked why they would fill some and not others there were some of her thoughts

The machines to do this sort sewing are not your simple sewing machines. They are specialized surger's and such. She wants to see it to get into more detail but she has all these machines.

She can only think that the reason for filling some size and not others is patterns already cut out. They have them. They do not have material or patterns for the larger sizes and are either waiting on them or waiting on someone to cut them. So they seem to have a stash of small sizes and they can sew them up. Not larger ones. Thats her guess and fits with my guess.

We suspect that his and her reference to needing sewers and "loss of sewing machines" in the hurricane is based in fact. Those machines are not cheap and not easily replaced.

Plus we think the availablity of cheap labor has vanished for a while down there. And those people they depended on, if they did have their own machinery, are less inclined to replace it if they can get better wages doing something else and not have to spend the money on new equipment.

And its possible the material is in sort supply is the reason they are hard pressed to get new larger patterns cut out to sew.

This is all speculation.

I am looking at the particular design. And I am questioning what it is that makes this so unique that it deserved a patent. And if the materials are available and the design appears a close adaptation to things already out there that this patent may not be all that iron clad anyway. But who wants to challenge its validity? for a fairly small market? I have seen frivilous patents issued before. For simplistic twists on normal things. And most of them ended up being voided when challenged.

It also appears from the interest on here, that there is a run on the product that is being produced by a mom and pop outfit. It's easy for them to get overwelmed.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

I am confident that all the big sellers (Dadant, Mann Lake, Glory Bee, etc) have already had the Golden Bee Suit in hand and are waiting......

I feel bad for the folks and always like to see my bucks go to the "small guy". But having to do splits, and pull supers in heat after a couple hundred bucks of mine have been in their hands for 3 months makes me sweat even more.

This the crux of it. Taking money without knowing you can fill the order.

And I am fairly certian they have a bunch of small pattern suits cut out. But not largers. Because its about all that explains the last two reports here of arrivals. Both Cyndi and Mine were smaller sizes. And you can take material off a large pattern once its cut out... but you cannot add it back on. Not and end up with a nice suit you can't.

And in the whole scheme of things Beekeeping Supplies is a small business. And a single suit design is NOT something a small operation is going to risk Lawyering up for. So it does not suprise me that no others are wanting to make a copy cat. Not worth the risk for a couple thousand dollars annual profit to end up in court.

[size="1"][ June 17, 2006, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: cphilip ][/size]

Well this is my update on my suits that I ordered...My check cleared the bank april 28th, I have called twice and gotten the same katrina story...I would be understanding, but what I read on here makes me a little nervous about it. I am 5'5" and i'm assuming this makes me one of the smaller suits...but I also ordered one for my husband who is 6'2" so maybe this is why I havent received them yet. I am going to call again this week...But I guess if I dont get any answers I will follow Bruce and send a letter as well.
    Its really sucked this year(my first year beekeeping) We havent really worn much while taking care of the hives. We have an old suit but it has holes and there isnt much point in wearing it. Luckily we really havent been stung much...but was hoping to get some use out of the golden bee suit this year.
    Hope to hear of more people receiving their suits soon.

Jamie

I'm a big fan of starting a Trash/Bash/Complain forum. We could just put all of it in one place that way no one would have to search for it.
    Dan Williamson
    B&C Honey Farm http://www.flickr.com/photos/9848229@N05/

Good News!!!!!!! Maybe?????????

Got off the phone this moring with Golden Bee central and..........

My suit is packed and ready to go!! It would have been shipped Friday, but, they lost my addresss. Darn good thing I called I guess.

Going out today. Based on past promises that should put it here by July 15th.

After the old gent' told me they lost the address, I quickly jumped in and said..... "If you put your wify on (who was chordling in the background) I will dictate the address to her". Nope, he is in charge. So 10 minutes later........ I am fairly confident he got the address???

Glad to hear is Bruce...
    Keep me posted!

Jamie

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast