Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Golden Bee Suit

You will need to call them to order. I'm pretty sure my check was made out to Golden Bee Products. But the price will depend on the size.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

I did call them Mike. And have an order and price

But after having to repeat everything so many times and all that... once I got done... I was so relieved ... I forgot to ask that one little question..."whom do I make it out too".

He has all my info and all that. I just don't want have to call back just to go through all that again to get to the point where I ask whom to make the check out too.

It took me like five minutes of repeating things to make him realize I was NOT checking on an order but was wanting to place one!

got cha. Thanks.

Phillip, make sure you attach your check made payable to Golden Bee Suits, to a piece of paper with all your detailed information, including your weight, size, lengths everything, your address and even your phone number. These people are very old and are used to doing things the old fashioned way. Yea, its a real pain in the you know what. I hope its worth it.

Whenever I call this guy, at first he's okay with me as long as I listen to his stories, including the hurricane one, and when I'm sympathatic to his problems. When I get to the part about my order....he all of a sudden can't hear me and starts playing the act. He's a character all right.
    ~What do you know there's so much to be done
    Count all the bees in the hive, Chase all the clouds from the sky~

Thanks Cyndi. Already thought of that.

Even did a LARGE font on the attachement and even gave my phone number. Reminded him of all the measurements and everything.

Hehe... yea... thats him alright.

My wife is buying this for me for my Birthday so I did all the arrangements and prepared the enclosure for her. Even addressed the envelope. Aren't I accomidating?

Although... one wonders.... what Birthday its going to end up being for? Mine comes up July 15th. He was telling me 3 weeks when I spoke to him this morning. But... we all have heard that before right? Anyway I think its going to be worth the wait. I do have something to get by with so its not like I am totaly without.

Hey Phillip,

I ordered mine at Mother's Day. Maybe I'll get mine for my b-day, which is July 12...So Happy Birthday to you too!!!

[size="1"][ June 06, 2006, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Cyndi ][/size]

Here's to hope and wishing you a very happy birthday Cyndi.

Great things were born in July!

Hey Sundance,

Your're not gonna believe this...I got my suit before they cashed my check....and the worst part is that it is too small!!!!

I'm afraid to send it back...like, I'll never see it again or worse. So, since its not too small, I'm thinking about taking mine to a tailor and adding a few inches of some really thick white cotton material on each of the arms and legs, since that is the only issue, the rest fits. I can't believe it, it arrived in the mail, I had it sent to my Step-Father's address and he forgot to tell me it arrived. The funny part is that they didn't even cash my check until like almost 2 weeks later after the ship date.

So, the reason I decided to tell you this (I started not to so you wouldn't feel bad) is because I don't think they are trying to keep your money, they are just totally UN-Organized. Like I specifically said a 32" inseam, The one I got was at least a 25", made for a large child, and the arms were way too short for me to be comfortable in. Oh well. I got it before my birthday,

I believe the problem with the "old man" is not that he's rude.
    I have meet the "old man" and know three of his kids. To be kind he makes Archie Bunker seem like a liberal. He is married to a very nice Edith Bunker.

[size="1"][ June 09, 2006, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: magnet-man ][/size]
    Home of the ventilated and sting resistant Ultra Breeze bee suits and jackets
    http://www.honeymoonapiaries.com

Cyndi, that not great news. Perhaps he just messed up and some midget (MIdgetter than me and you it sounds) is still waiting on his suit.

Oie Vey....

I guess he has my check by now. I shall hope and pray... its all I can do...

In an earlier thread some people mentioned that their sizes ran smaller than ordered. I think the thread was about two years ago.

Well... I don't see how. He does his sizes by your height and weight. You don't actualy order "a size". He determines that over the phone based on that information and then you repeat that information with your check.

So if he does not get anything from the information then why would he even want it?

But if he can't take that information and make a suit for you from it then all is lost.

Fellow Beekeepers,

I was at the Golden Bee Suit man's place of business (his house) on May 25th talking to the elderly gentleman and his wife face to face. She was trying to be helpful; he was not.

I was there trying to purchase a suit for a friend. Her size was in stock, I had money and he wouldn't let me buy it. Something IS going on down there in Picayune, MS and it isn't Hurricane related, trust me.

They either have supply issues (or they have distribution issues). I know for certain that they did have some suits in the garage in front of me (I saw them) and I couldn't buy one. Hopefully that meant they were already promised to those of you who have already paid by mail.

IMHO Ms. Golden Bee Suit will get you your suits as promised . . . Mr. Golden Bee Suit is a different story.

Private Message me, anyone, if you want the rest of the story . . . out of respect, I won't give any more details publicly.
    Keith

Goldenbee's patent will expire in January 2008 so look for comparable suits for the 2008 season. Why pay, wait, wait and get a suite that may not fit. Good luck on returning it.

>Hopefully that meant they were already promised to those of you who have already paid by mail.

That would be my assumption. It's the only reason I can see why a business would not want to sell you product when it's there and you're there.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Michael,

It was an interesting meeting to say the least. There are many reasons why a person can't get their product out . . . supply can't meet demand is one of them and that would answer for me not being able to buy one.

At this point, I believe that I was as close to a Golden Bee Suit that I am going to get this year. I plan on buying a camel-bak drink backpack and forget about it for now.
    Keith

"At this point, I believe that I was as close to a Golden Bee Suit that I am going to get this year."

You may have gotten closer than I will...

cphilip,

I don't want to discourage anyone from buying/ordering one. One beekeeper from this forum told me in a PM that this is more or less normal on how things are run at Golden Bee.

He said that he knows the family. It could bee that the only difference this year is that everyone seems to want one and we are talking about them more than in prior years (and that is absolutely something I know nothing about).

The good news is that they did have suits; I was probably standing by yours. I think that they just need to get a kick in the bu## so that they call UPS to pick them up.
    Keith

I think I missed it, the link to the patent. That would be interesting to see. Could you tell me where to find it.
    Thanks,
    Janet

1st page 9th post down.
    Curtis
    Curtis

When you do all the sewing by yourself in your home, it's pretty easy to get overwelmed with orders. When we get people on the internet interested in them, it's easy to find yourself selling ten or even a hundred times as many as you were.

Sometimes success is hard to deal with.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast