Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Golden Bee Suit

Wow....... leaving a needle in the seam is a nasty mistake and they should know about it. Heck, all the screw ups should be noted and mailed to them. If they are unaware of the problems, they can't fix them.

Still waiting for mine......... :confused: :confused:

BULLSEYE BILL - Ref washing suit. Thanks. I feel more comfortable having ordered my suit. 'Was worried after ordering if it would hold up to multiple washings. You've alleviated my concerns.

>5. The suit material hangs easily on brush. Whaaaa.

Yes it will snag on things quite easily. I have learned to watch for that and so far have not torn the material. Be careful around the corners of telescoping covers.

Last week I was removing a swarm from a rose bush. I don't normally wear a suit for swarms but this one was well inside of the 12 foot diameter wild rose bush. I had to do a lot of beating around the bush to shake them down and out. A couple of times I wondered if I was going to be able to extract myself as I had both arms caught in the thorns and could barely reach the other arm to free it.
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

>I can find fault with everything.

Mine was perfect. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

>6. Quick on and off,

I wear white rubber boots with mine. They are tied to the suit, so when I get in and out, they stay attached like firemans pants. Hop in and hop out, double fold and flip the screen over flat on top and stowe in truck.

BeemaninSA, why four suits?

>6. Quick on and off,

I wear white rubber boots with mine. They are tied to the suit, so when I get in and out, they stay attached like firemans pants. Hop in and hop out, double fold and flip the screen over flat on top and stowe in truck.

>6. Quick on and off,

>6. Quick on and off,

Bullseye. The suit is pretty durable, but over time and with much effort, I managed to wear out, brake zippers, rip, burn holes and ruin face screens in my old suits. I would like to blame it on the thornbrush country I am in, but in reality, its just another talent.
    Hmmmm white rubber boots, now that would really accent the NASA spaceman look! GreatIdea.

You guys that have ordered..... who did you make the check out too?

I spoke to this gentelman today and he had a lot of trouble hearing me. So in the process I forgot to ask him that. I probably restated my size and weight over fifty times. And took me quite a while to get through to him I had NOT already ordered one but was wanting to talk to him about price and all that. I did get the Hurricane story.... several times. And I bet I am in for a long wait...

>4. The thing I like to whine about most is that the face screen is difficult to see thru and should be black, at least on the inside. The light brown screen reflects too much light. I might try painting it myself.

I was thinking about that this weekend when I was taking mine off. My screen is black in the inside but it is wearing off. Perhaps from all the washing, they do recomend that you wash the hood by hand.... I just throw the whole thing in the washer, that may be causing the black to come off. I will probably try to blacken it with liquid shoe polish some time if it starts to bother me.

You are sure in for a long wait!! Man I cussed Golden Bee out yesterday....... Hot as XXXX, sweating like a XXXXX, and over $200 of my money sitting in their bank account for over 2 months!

The hurricance BS is getting very old. There is absolutly zero excuse for this horrible customer service, none. I wish there was another suit like it and hope there is one in the future. I would never do business with them again if there were.

Just got off the phone for the unteenth time and got "next weeked" again. Those "next weeks" sure pile up.

Well... tell me who you made the check out too

But... I am going to sit on this and think long and hard.

He is going to ruin a good thing it appears to me. I could make serious headway with that business. Shame.

It is a shame they do not turn over the regiens to someone who could operate it more efficiently. They could still make some $$$, in fact, more.

Too bad they don't ship COD.

Yes, and take Credit cards and have a web site would take that business to the top... that and don't let the old man talk to anyone...

Now about that Check? Golden Bee products? A name?

I believe the problem with the "old man" is not that he's rude. He just appears that way because he's deaf and he get's frustrated.

My guess is we made a "run" on Golden Bee Products suits and they are probably way behind now.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

I am calmer now since my rant....... just had to release some frustration after yesterdays murderous heat and humidity.

The gentleman is for sure hard of hearing, which is all the more reason to keep him off the phone. But I am still glad where my cash is going, just wish the cash was paid just prior to delivery.

I wish them the best and discourage no one to get the suit. I only hope they swallow some "pride" or whatever else that is keeping them from getting some help.

I hear ya.

Thing is that if they took Credit cards I can bet you there would have been a bunch of charge backs by now

So... anyone care to tell me whom they make their checks out too?

Please don't make me have to call that old man again.... "/

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast