Curtis

1 is suit
    2 is vail
    3 is cuff
    4 is multiple pockets

curtis

[size="1"][ April 28, 2006, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: Curtis ][/size]
    Curtis

That is sweet Curtis. I've heard `em described, but I've never seen close ups of the fabric.
    Dulcius ex asperis

I did a cut-out for an exotic dancer last night. That was different. Can you say 'boob-sicle'?

She had these very large.......hive. Like her it was very thin and tall, except on top where it was enormous! [img]redface.gif[/img] It took four and one half hours to do her...job.

I thought it was the bees she was interested in, :confused: so I put my extra GBP suit on her so she could watch (and help ). Curtis, that suit did not look anything like yours.
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

Thanks Curtis for the pictures. It looks like it is really cool. I am in South Carolina where it is really hot now and could use something much cooler than the one I have.

Jennifer

I'm curious as to the material they use for the screen on the veil. Anyone?
    Dan Williamson
    B&C Honey Farm http://www.flickr.com/photos/9848229@N05/

They use the same material on the head covering, but the vision area on the "veil" is made of the plastic screen.
    Curtis
    Curtis

How good can you see thru it? I have had veils made of wire. They worked fine but I always seemed to get a glare from them.

The veil I got last year with my Apollo Pull Over jacket (See For Sale section)has a fiberglass screen and is the best screen for a veil I've used yet.
    Dan Williamson
    B&C Honey Farm http://www.flickr.com/photos/9848229@N05/

This is the description of the suit from the Patent. http://patft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...r&RS=beekeeper Here is the link but dial-up takes a loooong time. But to answer your question I can see very good from the screen I said plastic but it might be fiberglass.
    The material includes an outside net layer, an inside net layer and an intermediate porous cellular plastic layer. The inside and outside layers provide structural integrity to the suit, while the intermediate layer provides protection against the bee stings through its thickness of approximately 0.4-0.6 centimeters. The intermediate layer provides about 90-95% of void space with a high degree of permeability to permit ventilation an cooling of the users skin during activity.
    A facial mask formed from mesh material is preferably colored in white or lighter color on the exterior surface thereof, so as to not attract bees or other insects and colored black on interior surface to prevent light reflection and thus increase visibility.
    Curtis
    Curtis

I wonder if some of these would work well for the inner lining, or as a suit itself.

http://www.scoresports.com/products/fabric.asp

I guess you would have to get some samples to do sting tests to see if they pick up stingers easily.

[size="1"][ May 26, 2006, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: MichaelW ][/size]

These pics are closeup of the material and what the hood looks like from inside of hood and outside of hood. The screen measures 13x9, very easy to see thru and great side vision too.
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...0/DSCF0025.jpg
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...0/DSCF0024.jpg
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...0/DSCF0023.jpg
    The sunglasses show the contrast of the different shades from inside the hood to the outside.
    Curtis

aah, so the holes in the middle material layer are actually larger than the holes in the mesh?

I've never seen any material like that before.

I ordered mine three weeks ago and will patiently await it's arrival. Does anyone know how this suit stands up to washing?

that is one great looking suit.

I have to say I think it will be cooler than the Brazilian thing I got.

The mesh concept is about the same as the Brazilian.
    Two layers of mesh with a thick fabric between with large holes that permits good ventilation and keeps the layers farther apart than stinger reach.

[size="1"][ May 29, 2006, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: brent.roberts ][/size]
    "hobby farm" is an oxymoron
    Brent Roberts

Where do you order from thanks
    If your gettin stung your doing something wrong...

Try a search on "Golden Bee Products".

Or call 1-601-799-5660
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

>Does anyone know how this suit stands up to washing?

My oldest suit is going on three years old and the second is in it's second year. I wash my suits at least once a week and sometimes as much as three times if I am doing a lot of cut-outs and using a helper too. I have no holes, rips, or tears in either and it is a bit hard to tell them apart as they both look pretty clean and bright.

I use ERA with no bleach or fabric softners. Normal wash cycle with warm wash and cold rinse. I do not remove the hood. I air dry indoors.
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

Curtis,
    Where can I look about buying on of these suits?
    \"If you don\'t read the News Paper you are Uniformed, If you do read the News Paper you are Misinformed.\" Mark Twain

If you want to read what we have said, do a search on "golden bee products". If you want to see their advertisement, it seems to be in all the bee magazines. If you want to contact them:

Golden Bee Products
    3524 Hwy 43 North
    Picayune, Miss. 39466
    601-799-5660
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

OK, people seem to like Golden Bee Suits. I like them also, but I can find fault with everything. Its a talent.
    6 things I didnt like:
    1. One suit took 3+ months to get and several calls (Well before Katrina problems).Whaaaa
    2. One suit had a significant sewing deficiency on the leg and a needle in the seam which I found when I put it on (ouch, whaaaa). I did not contact the company and repaired myself.
    3. My current suit had the interior headband sewn in incorrectly making headband unusable. Self repair.
    4. The thing I like to whine about most is that the face screen is difficult to see thru and should be black, at least on the inside. The light brown screen reflects too much light. I might try painting it myself.
    5. The suit material hangs easily on brush. Whaaaa.
    6. When wearing the suit people ask if I work for NASA.

To be fair here are 6 things I like:
    1. Good zippers
    2. Very sting resistant
    3. Cool, especially if there is a breeze.
    4. Pretty durable.
    5. I am fat. Of 4 suits ordered, they all fit well.
    6. Quick on and off, veil can be unzipped and thrown over head for a quick drive.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast