Lightbulb

I keep thinking about these things. Seems like you could use them somehow on a hive to provide hands-off, maintenance free ventilation at the proper temperature. They "open" at a certain temperature, then close again when the temp drops. There's an operating range, so it's not perfect, but it seems that using bimetal physics would work. Or a stick under the cover...

http://www.precision-controls.com/bimetal_disc.htm
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

Don't spend your money yet. I'm coming out with new line of patented custom made sticks....

There's a marketing idea. A ventilation system made up of four popscicle sticks. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Have you two been looking at Ebay recently? You could probably sell something like that to those folks. I'd make them with used Popsicle sticks in different flavors.

p.s. My favorite is the big black and red sign that reads "Warning - Beware of the Killer Bees". There's something a beekeeper wants on his property.
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...