Thread: Pipe Hivestand

Here's the hive stand I am retrofitting.
    http://nordykebeefarm.com/forum/foru...=19&PN=1&TPN=1
    Jon, N6VC/5

Hi Jon, looks like you have the creative juices flowing too. That stand will serve you for a lot of years. One of my first thoughts with building anything like that is "what have I got in scrap that I can make functional...." So, now my hives are sitting on old basket ball stand pipes. The pipes also help, with some sticky stuff, to keep the ants away. Take care and have fun.

Hi Alex,
    I drove the pipes in 1997. They haven't budged a bit.
    I became the recipient of a large pile of fire protection sprinkler piping when they changed the densities at work. I also acquired the metal shelves and angle iron the same way.
    I like the angle iron better than the shelving because it leaves less shelter under them for wasp nests.
    I added another shot showing the angle iron under them. If you look in the background, you can see the hose house I use for equipment storage. The visqueen covers hive bodies. The black kind doesn't deteriorate like the clear stuff does with the ultraviolet. It keeps things too warm for the wasps and mice, but cool enough for the wax.
    Jon, N6VC/5