Thread: Honey Bears

Up until this year, I have always purchased my honey bears from the Dadant office in Potterville, MI (near Lansing). But last winter they moved offices to way over by Detroit. Does anyone know where I can buy honey bears somewhere nearby? West Michigan, or Central Michigan is probably OK. I just don't want to order them in a magazine, as I know that the shipping on those bulky boxes will make me choke.

If anyone knows of anywhere nearby (Grand Rapids MI) I'd love to know. I'd easily drive 1 to 2 hours to get them.

Jon D.

I wish they moved over by Detroit...

They moved farther south than Potterville, just off I-94 in Adrian.

Dadant-Adrian, MI branch

Phoenix,

So what do you do for your honeybears? Isn't Milford clean over in Detroit (well I guess you'd say it was closer to Utica or Rochester)? Did you also visit the Dadant store over there? Hmmm, I'm just trying to figure out what to do here...

Jon D.

Is that like the question, "What would you do for a Klondike Bar?"
    I work for a commercial beekeeper, so he wholesales me the quantity I need, otherwise I would still make the drive to Adrian, which is only and hour and a half.

No Milford is not clean over in Detroit, nor is it close to Utica or Rochester, it takes me 45 minutes to get to Rochester.

What Dadant store over there?

Phoenix,

Ha ha, I bet you get sick of us referring to all of South-East Michigan being "Detroit". Sorry about that.

When I said "the Dadant store over there", I was again making a gross exaggeration of Geography. I was referring to the Pottersville branch. Just curious if you knew Tiny Tim. But I guess you get your bears from your Commercial Beekeeper, which still doesn't do me any good. But thanks for the info.

Thanks anyways.

Jon D.

Mail-order from the branch. sure there's shipping costs, but it is still cheaper than driving.

Other than that maybe pool resources with others in the area and make one big trip. I recently joined the Holland area beekeepers, but haven't had the need to pool yet, but will look into it if I need to make some big purchases.

Yeah, you guys from the west coast are all alike...

Yes I know not so "tiny" Tim, he is still with Dadant and transferred to the Adrian branch.

Tim is still there and the new placed is much nicer and only about 18 miles south of the old place
    Clint at HAS
    Clinton Bemrose<br />just South of Lansing Michigan<br />Beekeeping since 1964